Bailey's 2010 Tundra w/ FWC | Adventure Build & Photos

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Too windy for a video right now

32721590987_4e3609f91c_b.jpg

BJ'sFJ

Maybe I didn't catch it, but do you know what your FWC weighs 'wet'?

I'm not entirely sure of the camper weight currently. My estimate is around 1400lbs loaded with food, water, gear, dog, myself, etc. Dry weight is probably closer to 990lbs.

BJ'sFJ

Working on a CrewMax Rear Seat Delete with Goose Gear

The goal is to add more storage to the rear so I can store items like tools, jumper cables, recovery gear, skottle, etc.

You can delete 60%, 40%, or the entire 100%. I'm going to delete the entire back seat and go with something special for my application. I'll post more photos as we make progress on this

www.goose-gear.com

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Working on a CrewMax Rear Seat Delete with Goose Gear

The goal is to add more storage to the rear so I can store items like tools, jumper cables, recovery gear, skottle, etc.

You can delete 60%, 40%, or the entire 100%. I'm going to delete the entire back seat and go with something special for my application. I'll post more photos as we make progress on this

www.goose-gear.com

View attachment 517526
I removed the seat in my DC and built a dog bed platform and extra storage. I keep all my tools and recovery gear, leveling blocks and axe/saw type stuff under the platform (dog beds sit on the platform and I left the sides open so I can access important stuff without having to remove dogs or their beds). The upright cabinet holds extra dry food, first aid kit, and other supplies. I also built a top padded compartment to stow my shotgun.
983b329a421ab57ee63eae64a6265a9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

BJ'sFJ

I removed the seat in my DC and built a dog bed platform and extra storage. I keep all my tools and recovery gear, leveling blocks and axe/saw type stuff under the platform (dog beds sit on the platform and I left the sides open so I can access important stuff without having to remove dogs or their beds). The upright cabinet holds extra dry food, first aid kit, and other supplies. I also built a top padded compartment to stow my shotgun.

Nice!

I'm going to take advantage of the massive crewmax rear door and put a large drawer that pulls out

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Nice!

I'm going to take advantage of the massive crewmax rear door and put a large drawer that pulls out

Oh, enough about the Crewmax and it's most awesome house-sized rear seat area now.......(my sister has a CM and I still marvel at the room back there.)

Mr.Cade

That is a thing of beauty, my friend.
Is there a thread with more pictures etc?

BJ'sFJ

After 6 months of running a Four Wheel Camper on my Toyota Tundra, it's time for more organized storage. I ran a Goose Gear system in my FJ Cruiser and was very happy. I decided to reach out to them to see if they had an interest in developing a system for the Toyota Tundra CrewMax (07-13).

While chatting with Goose Gear, Brian determined it would be best to offer 3 options for customers. A 40% delete, 60% delete, or the option to delete all 100%. This allows you to run a drawer on the passenger side, driver side, or a drawer on both sides.

He took some measurements and did his magic on the computer. It was impressive to see the computer design come to life on the CNC machine:

A few pics of the prototypes:
40% Delete

60% Delete

100% Delete

Production models will be coated in bullet liner and the access cubbies will be fully assembled with latches.

I plan to delete the entire back seat and run 2-22" wide drawers (one on each side). This will allow me to store my jumper cables, tools, bike gear, and more. The dog will have a bed on top of the drawer so he can be comfortable on our adventures.

I'll post more pictures as progress is made on the seat delete and drawers. At this time, I don't have any clue when GG will release production models. They are just starting this project :)

BJ'sFJ

Had a few things I needed to fix before we could finish the Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete

One of them was covering the hole that was behind the rear seat. The previous owner of this truck had quite a few radios mounted to a custom panel behind the seat. I ended up removing the panel and covering the hole.

47969326652_b4f8ddeb17_b.jpg

47969344073_4f86f304a2_b.jpg

I added an MSA 4x4 small organizer from Adventure Imports, my Adventure Medical Kit, and a few random patches. Happy with how this turned out

Now it's time to make more progress on the seat delete

codename607

Adventurer
Man you are lucky to have the opportunity to work with Goose Gear on the rear seat delete. I love the way it's turning out. I guess I'll have to wait a while before they come out with a system for the newer Tundra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles