Help identifying a coolant hose.

I noticed some coolant dripping off a small coolant hose on the coolant flange that looks like it runs down to the lower intake manifold. I would like to get a replacement, but can't seem to find the part in the FSM or online. Does anyone who what this hose is called or have a part number? Vehicle is a 97 montero SR with sohc 3.5L.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190612_111652.jpg
    20190612_111652.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 50

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I don’t believe you need a part number, your local auto parts store should be able to sell you a piece of hose to match.

If it’s leaking on the top side, before you do anything else, trying trimming 1/4” or so off the end and reattach it. Might work, it’s usually the ends that get stretched out. Not sure if you have enough slack to do that but it’s worth a try. Attaching the lower one requires a little disassembly to access it if I recall. Keep the clamp....don’t switch to a worm drive.

Thanks for the info. I think you're right about the lower connection, if definitely looks like some parts need to be removed to get to it. I'll try trimming a bit off up top and moving it back off that metal elbow , since it's at a weird angle.

I disagree with this solution.
trimming ends only forestalls the inevitable.
it works to get u home, but cannot be considered a fix.
if the ends are chipped, cracked or seperated, the entire hose will be in similar condition: leaving u stranded, with only ur assumptions to support u.
take time to change this hose, and any other hoses u can reach, as they are likely in similar condition

PaydayGabe

?replace, don't trim.
Those 2 small hoses are preformed (bent).
If you do the conventional hose from the parts store, , you may get a kink when replacing.
I would keep the length as close to original as possible and use the shielding from the original so you don't get bent out of shape, hopefully.
?‍♂️ LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior