Sold Pending Funds - 2017 VRV Flyer - Phoenix, AZ - $7800

1Louder

Explorer
Sold Pending Funds - 2017 VRV Flyer Teardrop Trailer: XXXX

This is the perfect small family trailer for someone who likes to camp off of forest roads and do light off-roading with a trailer. Trailer has a 7 pin connector with electric brakes. With the included awning and room you can sleep 4. Solar ready with a controller installed. You just need to add your favorite panel. The trailer has minor pin striping along with a couple of minor dents from off-road trail use.

Why Am I Selling? -
My wife won't let me have 3 trailers in the garage (One reason)
I want to buy a more robust off-road teardrop. This has been a great trailer. It is very comfortable. It is super comfortable if you are traveling solo and set up the bed in couch mode. I just require something which can go on more difficult trails. It has lots of interior storage. Find your camping spot and go to bed. No setup required for 2! A rear Add-A-Room tent is also available for around $350. Trailer has the upgraded MaxAir vent fan with remote control.

The trailer has been modified with a more stout 3500lb UCF Torsion axle with larger 30” Hankook tires. A brand new 2200 lb Dexter axle with factory rims & tires is included in the sale. The UCF axle design raised the height of the trailer about 6”. Both are an improvement to the original 1600 lb factory axle. A spindle failed on the original axle so I opted to install something better. The UCF axle can be modified to accept Jeep or Toyota style hubs to match your vehicle. The Dexter cannot.

Other Modifications:
  • 48” UBG Locking Tongue Box
  • 11 lb propane tank holder and jerrycan holder to the driver side step. Tank included
  • 5 gallon jerry can holder for fuel or water.
  • Smittybilt straight awning with ARB 2500x2000 room on passenger side of the trailer
  • Added a awning rail to the driver side roof. Pictured DIY Awning for drivers side is not included. OZ Tent Caravan Connector piece is. An OZ Tent can also connect with its built in awning roof to the driver side of the trailer
  • Added a Bluesea Fuseblock and a SAE power port to the driver side of the trailer.
  • Added 12 volt plug to the exterior driver side storage compartment
  • Added SAE 12 volt power port to drive side of trailer to power devices
  • Larger Duracell Deep Cycle 93 ah battery installed early 2019 (great to run a refrigerator)
  • ArkPak XO Jack. If the trailer needs to be winched out of a spot this jack can handle it.
  • Larger fenders added to accommodate 30” tires and new axle design
  • Lock-N-Roll full articulating hitch. Traditional ball mount can be included if desired
  • Aircraft style anchors to secure gear under the bed area

Original bed/couch cushions included along with a more comfortable 5” custom memory foam and latex mattress. The Internal drawer was removed to provide a larger storage area for tables and chairs under the bed. A 20 gallon water tank can also fit in this area. This was a better use of space for me. 2 internal doors removed to provide better access to stored gear. All original parts are available if the new owner wishes to re-install them. I would be willing to help with this if required.

For additional pictures and info on the trailer visit the following links:

Our VRV Flyer Teardrop - Introduction - 4X Overland Adventures
Our VRV Flyer Modifications April 2018 Update - 4X Overland Adventures

Similar to this model which is listed at $11,900 - https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2019-Vrv-VRV-FLYER-5005990860 and this one https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2018-Vrv-VRV-FLYER-5005990861 VRV is no longer in business but their designs are very similar to what InTech RV currently offers. It is my understanding that InTech used to license the VRV designs.

Minor Work To Do:
The new fenders need to be powder coated and the lift pistons for the rear door need to be replaced. I am willing to sell as is for a few hundred less or complete these projects.

Happy to answer any questions. Discuss pros and cons to other trailers. Trailer located in SE Phoenix. Always stored in a garage.

VRV0.png

VRV1.png

Fenders are now different. They are wider and have better mounting brackets. OEM was simply screwed into the sidewall.

VRV2.png

Awning and room included. RV-5 Tent is not.

VRV3.png

Propane Tank and Mount included. Jerry Can Holder included. Jerry Can is not. Again fenders are now different than pictured.

Attachments

• VRV5.png
    VRV5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Jmansdad

I'm pretty interested. I want an Intech Explore. We have an 9-month-old and were struggling about what to do with him. Do you have ideas?

1Louder

Explorer
I'm pretty interested. I want an Intech Explore. We have an 9-month-old and were struggling about what to do with him. Do you have ideas?

Here's what another owner did. Not my photos so I distorted the picture of their kid. Interior width is about 57" so I think there is some growing room there.

bunkvrv1.jpg

bunkvrv2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94