Interesting complete overland package from ARB.

Scott Brady

Founder
This is a new idea rolling everything together into one kit for the Wrangler JL and giving a discount (I bet money is saved on shipping too, with a couple pallets LTL). Talk about Christmas when that box shows up...
https://expeditionportal.com/arb-announces-their-complete-overland-package-for-the-wrangler/

ARBKIT_ROTATE_OVERLAND.jpg

ChasingOurTrunks

Very cool idea. The aluminum rack is a huge boon given the relatively low GVWR of the JL. It'd be great to see what the net weight change on the vehicle is; I haven't seen that mentioned but I may have missed it.

I know I can look at the weights of these individual products but by "Net Weight" I mean that if you swap the factory bumper (40 lbs, number totally made up for illustration) with the ARB bumper (120 lbs, number again made up for illustration) the net change is +80lbs; add that same math to all the components would let purchasers determine if they have the payload flexibility prior to spending ~1/4 the cost of the vehicle on accessories.

billiebob

very cool. excellent marketing. even looks good. looks like it might be quite light too.
I'll bet it sells like hot cakes.... even at $11K... wonder how long before Dealers offer as an installed option at $20K

billiebob

Critique...

Dif Covers but no lockers?
The rack rests on the roof.... is it RTT compatible?
If it is an overlander it needs solar plus an isolated refrigeration circuit.
2.5" hi performance lift.... will it work better than stock fully loaded or is it just another lift with fancy shocks.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Lockers are a subjective thing. Just add them to this kit if you want them.

It's not like 7.5% is much anyways. I was expecting 33% savings by such a large group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior