Jerry can vs Rotopax for trailer

J-No

Should say more for lawn mower/snowblower/generator. I'd like the option for Jeep.

Sweet set up.

2.ooohhh

The flange is cute. What is it for?

The flange is the primary point of failure on the scepter cans. Especially if you start with .mil surplus cans that have been used hard already. I’ve yet to have issue with any bought new, but that’s not an option for some members that’s to CARB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCGunrocm0811

I have some ebay NATO knockoffs that I use daily to haul diesel. I carry 4 to 8 cans at a time and there are times it gets banged around the back if my excursion. So far so good. No rust, no leaks, finish has held up even when I left it for a week in my garage and was sitting in a pool of water from my snowblower and salt. $80 for 4 on eBay can't be beat. The red ones are from harbor freight. I've been using those for about 5 years now. Only thing about them is that the caps that comes with them all broke after first use but I replaced them with heavy duty gas caps and they've been awesome ever since20190410_174554.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

KenC

OutThere
Found these on Amazon about 2 years ago with Specter part number. That links is now gone.

Last year driving thru desert (+100F), each one swelled up about 1.5 its width. All's okay.

Attachments

• Nato MFC.jpg
    Nato MFC.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54

old_CWO

The flange is the primary point of failure on the scepter cans. Especially if you start with .mil surplus cans that have been used hard already. I’ve yet to have issue with any bought new, but that’s not an option for some members that’s to CARB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at the risk of being a wise-guy; NATO cans don't need a nifty aftermarket flange added on, maybe just a new gasket every few decades.

It pains me to admit it, but the NATO military gas cans are just flat out superior to the American versions either old school metal or modern plastic.

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
Ive been eyeing the NATO cans as well for my M416 trailer.
The biggest issue for me is where to mount them of the trailer, I don't want them on the Jeep.
There are a ton of aftermarket mounting brackets for the NATO cans as well.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.......
Jeep2.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
My M416 trailer came with can mounts in front of the fenders. I used one for fuel and one for water cans. Obtained straps for them on surplus site and it worked well. It was an M416A
New gaskets for the Nato can can be obtained on Amazon or many of the surplus sites. In reality, if you remove the rubber gasket and unless it is cracked through, just turning them over to reseat them and reinserting them works well for quite a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles