Qooper's Tundra to Flippac’d Tacoma Build Thread.

I have had the icon 3 leaf replacement for 8+ years, very happy with it. Running with icon 2.5 resis, great combo. I bottomed out years ago fully loaded and over compressed / destroyed one of the bodies. I was told that I need to run a 1” block which has been in place.....based on the shaft that I would say I only needed an extra .25” of clearance, better bump stops would have fixed that.

surprised you are having issues with the front. I would go heavier coil of step up to some coil overs, don’t keep preloading. A lot of people talkbad about them coil overs, I continue to be perplexed as to why. Better in every way. I ran my icons for over 10 years no rebuild performed great. That would be my vote if that’s in your budget.

qooper

I actually like the look of these trucks with a slight rake..

Also, same airbag setup. But, I have a lot of added weight. Never had any issues, but I don't usually do anything extreme.
I don't do anything insane with my truck either. I hit light trails, some snow wheeling and log lots of miles on forest roads. I dropped the pressure in the bags to 5 PSI and I'm actually very happy with how the truck looks. I might just leave them in for now.

qooper

I have had the icon 3 leaf replacement for 8+ years, very happy with it. Running with icon 2.5 resis, great combo. I bottomed out years ago fully loaded and over compressed / destroyed one of the bodies. I was told that I need to run a 1” block which has been in place.....based on the shaft that I would say I only needed an extra .25” of clearance, better bump stops would have fixed that.

surprised you are having issues with the front. I would go heavier coil of step up to some coil overs, don’t keep preloading. A lot of people talkbad about them coil overs, I continue to be perplexed as to why. Better in every way. I ran my icons for over 10 years no rebuild performed great. That would be my vote if that’s in your budget.
I'd love to run some IVD or King coilovers, but being a student it isn't in the budget right now. (I'm debt free and want to stay that way) haha

FJR Colorado

Explorer
img_6380-jpg.555199

What was that camper top? An old Callen?

Love that thing...

FJR Colorado

Explorer
It is a Cache camper that was built in AK. My biggest regret of 2019 is selling that thing....

Thanks.

Way back when you'd see Callen camper tops all over the place. It's too bad nothing similar is available today, at least in the lower 48. I'd never heard of Cache before.

tennesseewj

Observer
Have you verified that the springs you took off your truck were factory? The fact that you aren't seeing any lift with the OME 2885 makes me wonder if someone had already swapped them.

The OME 2884 with 5100s on the "stock" notch gave me 1.5" on my double cab.

That Coastal bumper looks excellent! How was the fit & finish during install?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

qooper

Have you verified that the springs you took off your truck were factory? The fact that you aren't seeing any lift with the OME 2885 makes me wonder if someone had already swapped them.

The OME 2884 with 5100s on the "stock" notch gave me 1.5" on my double cab.

That Coastal bumper looks excellent! How was the fit & finish during install?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The old 5100's did have factory springs. The main reason I am getting less lift is because I am on the 3rd notch now with 885's vs. before I was on the 5th notch with stock springs.

The fit of this kit is really good, found out my truck has a slightly bent frame (Passanger side frame rail sits about 1/2 in lower than drivers) but I was able to tweak some of the pieces to make it look good.

D

Deleted member 9101

FYI: there is a 4Runner rotor and caliper swap that you can do to give you 1" larger rotors.

Nice truck. We're twins.

Did you have to do a bunch of trimming to fit that size tire? I'm running 285/70/17s.

I see a lot of discussion on add a leafs. I am extremely disappointed with the ICON AAL I installed. I got basically zero lift when claim you will get 1.5".

gabewayman

Awesome 1st gen!

I have an 06 Tundra with the Coastal bumper, now just waiting for the powder coater to finish up.

Are you planning on putting your Billy's another notch up, or are you going to go with a heavier spring? I'm currently torn.

Stoked to see the build progress!

G59718888503__4D7E3214-321B-47C4-906C-D0425174256C-1.jpeg59719402071__598EA2A6-1E3B-4778-B407-6A55EB4B383A-1.jpeg

qooper

Nice truck. We're twins.

Did you have to do a bunch of trimming to fit that size tire? I'm running 285/70/17s.

I see a lot of discussion on add a leafs. I am extremely disappointed with the ICON AAL I installed. I got basically zero lift when claim you will get 1.5".
I trimmed the pinch welds and hammered the firewall, I can hit the bumps on full lock without rubbing.

Looks like your running RAY10's? I just ordered a set of blems in 17X8.5 -38. They are super rough (Vin sold them to me dirt cheap), but I work at a shop that does powdercoating so now I just need to decide what color I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94