Lets see some full size pictures...

Bama67

I had been looking for a later model Bronco forever, but couldn't find one that wasn't either rotted out with 300k miles, or cost a fortune.
Low and behold I spotted this one at the end of some guys drive way with a for sale sign here in the middle of no where a couple miles from my house.
1996 351W with 90k miles, original owner in fantastic condition with zero rust and a 20191110_091901_HDR.jpgglove box of paperwork.

I almost felt bad modifying it, so far just a mild 4" lift I pieced together, BDS extended radius arms on the front with full Deaver flexy springs on the back with Camburg Extended shackles.
Still planning on a roll cage and a softopper.

The new 33's also look kinda small, I'm replacing the 3.55 gears with 4.88 and will have TruTracs front and rear.
After the gears I may go to a 35" tire.
Also the rear is a bit high so I may do an aftermarket rear bumper and tire swinger to weigh the aft down a bit.
20191110_123657.jpg

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Here’s my baby....2003 K2500HD, 6.0 gasser...only 89,000 miles. As you can see, it’s in pretty darn good condition. Sticker in glovebox says its cargo weight rating is just under 2,700 pounds. I’m struggling to make the final decision whether to sell it to buy a newer midsize 4x4 truck. I’m just finding it kinda hard to give up the great weight carrying capacity of this as I consider possible camper options.

000DCA35-8A43-4F0D-B6E7-F9BE4525EDED.jpeg

8AD6A1C0-1922-43CF-B4C1-2DC2921F7DAB.jpeg

Wilbah

Adventurer
Here’s my baby....2003 K2500HD, 6.0 gasser...only 89,000 miles. As you can see, it’s in pretty darn good condition. Sticker in glovebox says its cargo weight rating is just under 2,700 pounds. I’m struggling to make the final decision whether to sell it to buy a newer midsize 4x4 truck. I’m just finding it kinda hard to give up the great weight carrying capacity of this as I consider possible camper options.

View attachment 557235

View attachment 557236

I (and this is just me) wouldnt get rid of it given it's in such good shape and low mileage. Your cost of ownership is the gas, regular maintenance (oil, filters & brakes, etc) and an odd repair here and there. A newer vehicle has the same maintenance costs (oil, filters etc), will likely get better gas mileage, but will cost you cash out of pocket. Don't know how many miles a year you put on it but you have to drive a lot, usually for quite a few years to have gas mileage be the sole differential in cost. Of course if you have an itch for a newer one then I get it. Itches need to get scratched occasionally. LOL great looking truck!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

View attachment 557235

View attachment 557236
Hang onto it. it's been taken care of and paid for with lower operating costs when compared to making payments and higher registration,insurance etc.

jonathon

Finally pulled the trigger on a new truck.

6TtM9UW.jpg

Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.4 - lightly optioned but most importantly has 4.10 gears, limited slip rear, 220 amp alternator, auxiliary switches, and VSIM. No build thread, no point. May level it and put 35’s at the most on it. We ground tent camp so no rack needed. The 6.4 8 speed combo is awesome.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I had been looking for a later model Bronco forever, but couldn't find one that wasn't either rotted out with 300k miles, or cost a fortune.
Low and behold I spotted this one at the end of some guys drive way with a for sale sign here in the middle of no where a couple miles from my house.
1996 351W with 90k miles, original owner in fantastic condition with zero rust and a View attachment 557214glove box of paperwork.

I almost felt bad modifying it, so far just a mild 4" lift I pieced together, BDS extended radius arms on the front with full Deaver flexy springs on the back with Camburg Extended shackles.
Still planning on a roll cage and a softopper.

The new 33's also look kinda small, I'm replacing the 3.55 gears with 4.88 and will have TruTracs front and rear.
After the gears I may go to a 35" tire.
Also the rear is a bit high so I may do an aftermarket rear bumper and tire swinger to weigh the aft down a bit.
View attachment 557319
I haven't heard the term Tru Tracs in a long time. I had an F-250 decades ago that ran 10-15 -16's Armstrong Tru Tracs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior