2nd Gen Raptor Thoughts/Comments

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I’m on my 2nd HD Hemi and really enjoy owning a Ram, just wanted to test drive something different.
I’m 6’8” so legroom can be an issue.
It wasn’t the lack of power that bothered me, it was the fake sound. My God that’s awful!

Right now my truck list is between the new Power Wagon, the new Ford SD Tremor (gas motor), and the “hope we see it soon” Ram Rebel TRX.

I'm just joking around. I can't even imagine. My left leg comes up to the "lower" arm rest and I'm about 5'10". Like I said my one friend is 6'4" so I can only imagine for those of you who are vertically gifted.

I really don't like fake sound either, but it can be turned off. Its also just a thing now, unfortunately.

I think the Tremor looks super interesting. In a few years when I end up getting a bigger truck I think the Tremor may be on my short list.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I'm just joking around. I can't even imagine. My left leg comes up to the "lower" arm rest and I'm about 5'10". Like I said my one friend is 6'4" so I can only imagine for those of you who are vertically gifted.

I really don't like fake sound either, but it can be turned off. Its also just a thing now, unfortunately.

I think the Tremor looks super interesting. In a few years when I end up getting a bigger truck I think the Tremor may be on my short list.

I appreciate the humor. I was tired when I replied the other day.

Well two salesmen told me the sound couldn’t be turned off for 2020. Not that a salesman has ever been wrong...
I had high hopes for the new Raptor as I believe it’s currently the best looking truck on the market. I just couldn’t get past the sound!

D

Deleted member 9101

I appreciate the humor. I was tired when I replied the other day.

Well two salesmen told me the sound couldn’t be turned off for 2020. Not that a salesman has ever been wrong...
I had high hopes for the new Raptor as I believe it’s currently the best looking truck on the market. I just couldn’t get past the sound!

Salesmen don't know about Forscan.... Or which wire to cut going into the amp behind the rear seat.

phsycle

Adventurer
Exhaust note would be probably #52 on my priority list. But the Raptor doesn’t sound bad to me at all. Clip below, at 2:35 has the stock exhaust. About 5:15 for the Magnaflow cat back. Both sound good.
I will say though, the 6.2 w/ Corsa catback sounds ridiculous!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The only problem with them is they are built “ford tough”
? I've had my '15 for 3 years now, and put 100,000 kms / 60,000 miles on it so far. I tow a holiday camper with it in the summer as well.

Aside from a door latch recall and another for the block heater cord, I haven't had any issues with it?

I think it's just luck of the draw. Worst vehicle I ever owned..... 80 series Land Cruiser. Wouldn't stop me from looking at the next gen Tundra though.

D

Deleted member 9101

The only problem with them is they are built “ford tough”

I'm about to hit 50k on my 2.7 and the only problem I have had is a leaky oil pan. Ford fixed it and its been problem free.

I had a 13 F150 with the 3.5 for work and I would pull a 10k trailer around with it. When we turned it in at 170k, the only repair it ever required was an alternator (which I burned up with to much of a load).

We have a 16 F150 with the 5.0 that's about to hit 160K and it's been problem free.

Oilbrnr

Where I live and work in Scottsdale, you can throw a rock a hit a Raptor, or a G-Wagon. Interestingly enough, the two have a lot in common around here. Neither ever see dirt. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz