WTB-Heavy duty rear springs and shocks 3rd gen

offthepath

Adventurer
Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a set of heavier duty shocks and springs for the rear of a gen 3? Looking for OME part numbers 2918 (Springs) and 60033 (shocks) or at least a spring that is equivalent.

Long story short, I got the medium load OME springs and added air bags. At the time, it seemed like the best option to keep a smooth ride but still have the ability to load the vehicle up for trips. It looks like the 2nd set of airbags just developed a leak so I think the heavier duty springs may be the best bet for the long term. I'm hoping someone has a used set they took off, paying another $450 for a new set up is hard.....

Thanks

ChrisCosta416

Hi @offthepath - just wanted to mention that if you are looking for heavier duty coils I would go with the King Aus Coils. They are progressive coils and can handle heavier loads compared to OME.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Kings are certainly top-shelf, however the OME HD springs have worked very well hauling a rig full of gear for many years.
The progressive spring rate is great when you have an unladen vehicle, but the price point is kept me away from the Kings.
Cheers

offthepath

Adventurer
Question for the guys with the HD setup.....

I'm looking for load carrying capacity when loaded for a 2-3 day trip. During daily driver duty and day 4x4ing trips, the montero is unloaded. The only constant weight in the back is a custom bumper/tire swing that I would guess weighs around 125-150lbs. Would HD springs be too much?

Thanks.

wolfdog

Kings are certainly top-shelf, however the OME HD springs have worked very well hauling a rig full of gear for many years.
The progressive spring rate is great when you have an unladen vehicle, but the price point is kept me away from the Kings.
Cheers
Are you talking about kings Australia or King America, I am pretty sure Criscosta was talking about King Australia. King Oz should not be much different in price from ARB, maybe over there but in oz they are about the same or kings probably a little cheaper.

jim

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Are you talking about kings Australia or King America,
jim
You are correct, I didn't read the post carefully enough...I was referring to King springs (USA).
..wondering how bad they hit you for shipping from Australia.

IIRC, the HD springs from OME are a constant load spring that requires about 200lbs to engage.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior