Sprinter 4WD Conversion Idea, GMT-800 IFS.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Looking at fender flares. I think the plastic sheet type are probably the best option. I need to replace my factory mudflaps, and these will handle that too. Being a thermoplastic, I can heat form them is compound curves are needed.

1585435760971.png

Alloy

On my last tuck I had a set of PE mud flaps that when backing up in the spring crusty snow the screws pulled out as well as thru the plastic. I trimmed the bottom 4"off and bolted rubber on.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Yeah, I have numerous mudflaps destroyed by high curbs, rocks, and snow. I will need to do some testing. The good news is, if these fail, I can just cut new ones out of any cheap PE/PP plastic sheet.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Any chance the plate will bend? Maybe a couple of 2" x 3" gussets?

You cant see it, but there is a gusset (about 2" high and 1/4" thick) just above the receiver on the back side. Its about 12" wide, and that is where 2x 1/2" grade 8 bolts go through the bumper support.

If I was going to be winching hard (this is only a 8,000 lb unit), I would need to reinforce the sprinters frame, that would be the first thing to bend I think.

KROT77

Да, мистер Джонатан.

Отправлено с моего iPhone с помощью Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

luthj

Engineer In Residence
This part is MOPAR number 68087960AA 68087998AA . Is that what you need?

1586111788963.png

Last edited:

KROT77

Thank You very much! I could not find the adapter. There was an idea to grind on the machine and already took the sizes, but yesterday found a link to your page.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Thank You very much! I could not find the adapter. There was an idea to grind on the machine and already took the sizes, but yesterday found a link to your page.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, I copied the wrong number. Its actually 68087998AA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier