My new money pit

dos531

Just picked this up yesterday with some issues of course. Excited to get this thing back in tip top shape and on the trails!
iXhHMgn.jpg

Attachments

• 20200517_135144.jpg
    20200517_135144.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20200517-143912_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20200517-143912_Torque.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
Such a bad idea for you to buy this; probably the most horrible purchase of your life. My best advice is you call me and let me take this off your hands so it can be "My New Money-Pit" and not yours!:p:D:ROFLMAO::LOL:

All joking aside, she's a beauty man; congrats to you and the family on your new addition! I see you are in Pasadena area; I'm a bit south in Oceanside so hope we bump into each other on the trails someday!

If I didn't already have Victory (my 08 LR3) as a superb "Money-Pit" I'd be looking for a sweet D1 or D2 project vehicle.

rgallant

Adventurer
@Landy-Lee North America so 4.0 or 4.6 Liter V8 unless it is very old then it could be the 3.9 There are a few "unicorn" TDI's around but you can count them on 1 hand in most area's.

My only concern would be the misfires, not a lot of causes but they do show up with head gasket issues

dos531

Such a bad idea for you to buy this; probably the most horrible purchase of your life. My best advice is you call me and let me take this off your hands so it can be "My New Money-Pit" and not yours!:p:D:ROFLMAO::LOL:

All joking aside, she's a beauty man; congrats to you and the family on your new addition! I see you are in Pasadena area; I'm a bit south in Oceanside so hope we bump into each other on the trails someday!

If I didn't already have Victory (my 08 LR3) as a superb "Money-Pit" I'd be looking for a sweet D1 or D2 project vehicle.
Always looking for new wheeling buddies!

Nice Disco!

What engine is under the hood?

Lee from the UK
We only got the 4.0 v8 here unfortunately
Very nice vehicle;)
Please make sure to change the wheels and paint them body color;)
Steel body colored wheels are on the agenda for sure, as well as a roof rack
Looks like an old Camel Trophy truck.
Very cool.
Somebody definitely was going for the camel trophy look for sure. The fact that it was the right color, already has an OME lift, the arb bumper, and rock sliders really sold me on it.

dos531

So looks like I found the source of the problem! Fixed these crank sensor wires and its running like a champ. Also replaced the worn out fan clutch with a severe duty unit from a truck and its staying nice and cool. Found both condenser fans are inop so ordered some replacement motors and will be replacing those soon.

Attachments

• 20200520_101522.jpg
    20200520_101522.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior