New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
same- just saw one in person and looks good/proportional.

is it a real Defender? I’ll leave that to you guys...

82370725a6e2530f38e2edb7de7896de.jpg

6683559c41466c67f32937687ee3cce5.jpg

852a7b03f224c4afac6ecc64cb446bbd.jpg

d38a0988254885c1b0e9dddb541789c5.jpg

d8fd33823e4c8efd7992228e90c17573.jpg

38e2ce27125419873410eb40961b5408.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the best color in the palate.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
No.
Look again at the video.
The uploader also stated 1 gasoline (white) and 3 diesel (grey) tested.

The novice driver in the white (gas) and experienced drivers at the diesel ones.

The bottom line is that all the high tech gizmos intended to compensate for driver lack of knowledge or experience didn’t actually worked.

If you need knowledge for activating all those nannies, then drive a cheaper “stupid” platform.
Yup one thing Rover is soo enamored with are its switches and dials and modes. I’m waiting for Auto makers to simply eliminate all that nonsense and just let the system do its thing. Its 2020 I’m pretty sure these vehicles that warn you about black ice can figure out what type of surface they are on faster than most users can figure out how to switch modes?.

This one only had two modes. And I know that none of the Xmode Subarus could follow this thing and do what it did.

Carson G

Yup one thing Rover is soo enamored with are its switches and dials and modes. I’m waiting for Auto makers to simply eliminate all that nonsense and just let the system do its thing. Its 2020 I’m pretty sure these vehicles that warn you about black ice can figure out what type of surface they are on faster than most users can figure out how to switch modes?.

This one only had two modes. And I know that none of the Xmode Subarus could follow this thing and do what it did.
I mean the Defender does have a full auto mode like you are describing.

Last edited:

DorB

Adventurer
@Doron, do you not realize that this time it's the spotter's fault? :)
I’m not blaming anybody..
I think that in this video it’s much less embarrassing.
I’ve read other driver’s description of the scenario, it’s very different from what posted earlier.
I’ll try to translate and quote here.

Blaise

you could fix most of it with pice of wire and a letherman tool and keep on.

Do you guys actually perform any repairs? Like in real life? Name a repair you'd perform on a trail which you could perform with leatherman and some wire. This kind of ridiculous fantasy is beyond me - as somebody who supports the industry from a repair/engineering side. There's also no vehicle in 2020 which is going to be as simple (or poorly performing) as anything from 1960. Do you ever make fun of iphones bc your transistor radio was simpler to repair?

Next video Of the diesel D from the same place and same group, by what is referred as “experienced driver”.

"experienced driver" is right. Heavy on the quotation marks. I'll go with 'nonzero'

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz