SOLD - 2001 Ford E350 4x4 camperized Ambulance, 7.3 & Agile Offroad

Abitibi

Explorer
I also added some new pictures in post #4.0

Just curious what's everyone preference, Full images or thumbnails? I can never decide which one to post, sometimes my full images seem to be way too large!

Cheers
David

20200503_180946.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
I've received a few questions on my conversion and requests for additional pictures.

Some of the previous outside pictures were older and didn't show the new awning style windows I installed on both of the rear side doors. So here's a few pictures with the windows in place.

The rear side door on the driver side opens up to the water tank/refill, all the plumbing and also to all 4 batteries. Nice and easy to service!

Also, the transmission was rebuilt by the former ambulance company prior to 180k miles. The sticker on it shows remanufactured but there's no date on it.

I'll try to post a picture of the upper bed in place when I get a chance.

Cheers
David

101070593_571563526833611_8282590511869460480_n.gif

20190318_192523.jpg

20190724_143325.jpg

20190817_134117.jpg

20200530_155151.jpg

20200525_155910.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
SOLD

Mixed feeling... sad to see it go, excited to focus on my next build.

She actually got sold in my town so I'll keep seeing her roaming around. Plus, we end up with another cool ambo owner to join us in our camping trips :)

Thanks again.
David

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

cjken

Explorer
Wow!!
Ironically., I just listed mi mini-mod. I never thought I would sell it, but found a bigger truck that will let me add some things that I could not easily fit in the other truck.
I have very mixed feelings, because I could take the mini-mod anywhere. It fit in a regular parking spot and was not unreasonably tall.
I fear my larger truck may limit me a bit. It does not really fit a regular parking spot and is pushing the limits a bit height wise for a few bridges I regularly pass under. It will fit, but I have to be really careful as to what I put on the roof. I’m thinking maybe air ride front (rear is already) so I can drop the whole thing a few inches if things get really close.

I’m excited to see what you do with the new one!!

SierraProject

I bought the highest weight rated wheels and 35" tires. Has never been an issue. Current tires are 3860lbs, well within specs.
Hello Abitibi - Great job on this build and congrats on the sale. I'm working on an '89 4x4 Wheeled Coach platform that will see several of the mods you've done - including the rooftop tent cutout - great to see somebody else has already paved the way!

In the meantime, my next project is swapping the front hubs and moving to a SRW setup, looking forward to the new stance and seeing it on 33s.

Question - where did you get your wheels and what load rating do they carry. I don't see that model on Method's website anymore - it looks like their current offerings top out at 3,600lbs, but there is a note, "load ratings with HD 4500 lbs. applications available". It would be great to have a wheel that matches our 3,850+ load rated tires.

Thank you for any feedback.

Best,
AW-Adam

Abitibi

Explorer
Wow!!
Ironically., I just listed mi mini-mod. I never thought I would sell it, but found a bigger truck that will let me add some things that I could not easily fit in the other truck.
I have very mixed feelings, because I could take the mini-mod anywhere. It fit in a regular parking spot and was not unreasonably tall.
I fear my larger truck may limit me a bit. It does not really fit a regular parking spot and is pushing the limits a bit height wise for a few bridges I regularly pass under. It will fit, but I have to be really careful as to what I put on the roof. I’m thinking maybe air ride front (rear is already) so I can drop the whole thing a few inches if things get really close.

I’m excited to see what you do with the new one!!
Good luck! You will miss the driveability for sure but it's all about your need. If i was alone i would have kept mine and modified to suit my needs but i have a family so the larger unit will be welcomed. Did you already buy your nrw one? I dont recall seing any pics of it...

Abitibi

Explorer
Hello Abitibi - Great job on this build and congrats on the sale. I'm working on an '89 4x4 Wheeled Coach platform that will see several of the mods you've done - including the rooftop tent cutout - great to see somebody else has already paved the way!

In the meantime, my next project is swapping the front hubs and moving to a SRW setup, looking forward to the new stance and seeing it on 33s.

Question - where did you get your wheels and what load rating do they carry. I don't see that model on Method's website anymore - it looks like their current offerings top out at 3,600lbs, but there is a note, "load ratings with HD 4500 lbs. applications available". It would be great to have a wheel that matches our 3,850+ load rated tires.

Thank you for any feedback.

Best,
AW-Adam
Thanks!

I bought the wheels through Agile Offroad a few years back. I think they had a min rating of 3800lbs. Sounds like you got yourself an interesting project!

SierraProject

Thanks!

I bought the wheels through Agile Offroad a few years back. I think they had a min rating of 3800lbs. Sounds like you got yourself an interesting project!

Much appreciated! She's a fun rig! Keeping it pretty simple, using it along the way and taking on one project at a time so she's never out of service. Build thread someday...

cjken

Explorer
Good luck! You will miss the driveability for sure but it's all about your need. If i was alone i would have kept mine and modified to suit my needs but i have a family so the larger unit will be welcomed. Did you already buy your nrw one? I dont recall seing any pics of it...

I got a 4x4 C4500
It’s bigger, but actually has a better turning radius.

Abitibi

Explorer
That's awesome!!! Looking forward to see how it turns out!

What's the box size and height? Or did you start a build thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles