Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

I had to find a quality step system to get into the ACCC after ACL surgery. I tried three different setups and finally settled on the Little Giant ladder, Jumbo Step. It was the most expensive one but the quality is unmatched based on the other two I tried out. I don't plan on using these steps forever but for the next six months they sure will come in handy. The ladder is pretty light and folds up nice and compact.IMG_1659.jpg

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Link to what you are getting? I'm still looking for a rack option. So far JCR was what I was leaning towards.

Cheers!
I would speak with them. But it is based off of their alpha rack but only the front portion. I am having it installed next week and will put up pictures probably some video too on my social media accounts. We are also have some Baja Designs xl Link lights installed with the rack. Should work really well with our setup.
UpTop Overland Alpha Rack Jeep

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
I store my diesel fuel in two Rotopax on top of the camper using two additional Alu Cab crossbars and a FrontRunner Rotopax mount. It also does not impede the 210 watts of solar panels on the roof. I am not typically a fan of Rotopax but I was able to swap out the lids so they no longer leak and actually perform quite well.

View attachment 720930

I’ll look into this, might be our only option in the end. I’d prefer easier access and of course always worried about overall height of the vehicle. Im racking my brain and just can decide. For the rotopax what where your issues previously, just leaking? You mentioned replacing caps, if so what caps? Any other issues? Easy to fill from rotopax. We have a modified filler neck on our diesel gladiator without a restrictor. Allows high flow pumps and easy filling since it’s pretty much a wide open nozzle now with a cap.

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Link to what you are getting? I'm still looking for a rack option. So far JCR was what I was leaning towards.

Cheers!
Meant to say JCR won’t sell you just half a rack. I spoke with him a bit ago about this as he doesn’t recommend using just half a rack. There have been others like rin who have modified what I believe to be a front runner rack to work with their alucab. But no other straight fits like the upfront overland rack before. I don’t know if any of their other racks would work but they have really worked with me on this and helped to get it planned out and dialed in for my needs. We will see more when I get it installed before OEW. II am excited. More to come. Feel free to look us up for the video and pics @gladiatoroverland on Instagram.

LionZoo

Observer
My solution for the rear view mirror. Brandmotion GVWR-8886. I can post up some video if anyone would like. Love the thing. Works well all around. Plus has a front camera as well, and a park feature when left in a parking lot. IE the unit acts like a dash cam as well. It totally replaces the rear view mirror.

We did get them to do a code “gladiator” to save $100 off of the kit.

How did you get the mount? Is it a custom fab or does something like that exist already? Mine is offset to the bottom near the door, but it is fairly annoying being a bit skewed.

I’ll look into this, might be our only option in the end. I’d prefer easier access and of course always worried about overall height of the vehicle. Im racking my brain and just can decide. For the rotopax what where your issues previously, just leaking? You mentioned replacing caps, if so what caps? Any other issues? Easy to fill from rotopax. We have a modified filler neck on our diesel gladiator without a restrictor. Allows high flow pumps and easy filling since it’s pretty much a wide open nozzle now with a cap.
Yeah I purchased these. You actually have to keep the RotoPax cap but the Scepter spouts will seal up much better than the Rotopax spouts. Plus you don't have to deal with the annoying CARB spout that comes on the Rotopax. I always make sure to have the Rotopax openings pointed towards the back of the camper as well. So when you pop the camper they aren't facing downwards due to the angle. They are easy to access the Rotopax on the roof, I just stand on my sliders to access.

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Yeah I purchased these. You actually have to keep the RotoPax cap but the Scepter spouts will seal up much better than the Rotopax spouts. Plus you don't have to deal with the annoying CARB spout that comes on the Rotopax. I always make sure to have the Rotopax openings pointed towards the back of the camper as well. So when you pop the camper they aren't facing downwards due to the angle. They are easy to access the Rotopax on the roof, I just stand on my sliders to access.

On my diesel gladiator this past week I just removed the fuel restrictor to allow high flow diesel pumps (ie truck stop pumps). Now done these style fillers would work perfectly. We are heading out to Overland Expo this weekend by way of Colorado from GA. While there we are making our stop at UpTop Overland to install our half Alpha Rack. I’ll post up some more info as well on it for other Gladiator Owners. Some unique issues and solutions. Wanting to be able to remove the rack when not on expeditions. So we can remove the front freedom panels. This one is in the air. The issues with the factory GOS/XM satellite system and relocation to the roof rack may cause an issue as well as possibly mounting our weboost on the rack with a rhino rack fold down. Currently mounted to our front ARB bumper. Not perfect imho with the stock weboost antenna and also looking into using a fiberglass RFI antenna up front that works with that freq for the booster. Here was the last pic we took before we dropped off early this week to get our suspension sorted out at JK Land here in Georgia. We are heading out to finish up the suspension and some small other things while there tomorrow. I’ll do some install pics/vids and after pics as well.

Attachments

• 1248484B-81AA-4E2A-A68E-629106D4315F.jpeg
    1248484B-81AA-4E2A-A68E-629106D4315F.jpeg
    590.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 3170398F-F8BD-495A-A96E-80F04F2DB254.jpeg
    3170398F-F8BD-495A-A96E-80F04F2DB254.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 8D854921-39E0-4CF0-A7F5-D5F24C1BCF35.jpeg
    8D854921-39E0-4CF0-A7F5-D5F24C1BCF35.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 5CA79A40-25D1-45EC-A32B-0FDF630BFEFD.jpeg
    5CA79A40-25D1-45EC-A32B-0FDF630BFEFD.jpeg
    888.4 KB · Views: 59

Gabex35

Adventurer
A little late to the game but finally got my AluCabin from TinyRig and i think the best part will be planning out the inside.

Attachments

• A89B7A60-E79C-4EF8-9122-8E6216EDD847.jpeg
    A89B7A60-E79C-4EF8-9122-8E6216EDD847.jpeg
    643.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 3AE959EB-5A84-4B33-9610-CEB4CEE4FCC9.jpeg
    3AE959EB-5A84-4B33-9610-CEB4CEE4FCC9.jpeg
    760.3 KB · Views: 84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles