1981 International S1800 Off-Road 4x4 ($109k)

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
No way that thing has the DVT-573. That is a 9.4 liter engine from the 1960s that went in giant earth movers and the flat front cabover big rigs like the Trans star. It for sure has the 9 liter V8 diesel. Which is a turd. Made more noise than power. I'll bet they bought this at auction for less than 12k. Which is about what it's worth. It's not even driveable in California.

• Wow
Reactions: zip

zip

I prefer social distancing.
No way that thing has the DVT-573. That is a 9.4 liter engine from the 1960s that went in giant earth movers and the flat front cabover big rigs like the Trans star. It for sure has the 9 liter V8 diesel. Which is a turd. Made more noise than power. I'll bet they bought this at auction for less than 12k. Which is about what it's worth. It's not even driveable in California.

Why can’t it be driven in CA?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
You guys over here complaining about trivial things like wiring done by a 10 year old and a battery with no strap totally unsecured like that means anything...

IT HAS A FREAKING OUTDOOR DARTBOARD!!!!

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Love the propane hanging under the vehicle.
I guess it stays cooler that way?

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
You can have a an older diesel rig over the GVWR for the CARB compliance if it is for personal use. Businesses cant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles