Big custom camper sightings

Adventr.us

spotted this Orange Crush up at 9063 feet on Mt Herman in Colorado.
Haha - we saw it a week later at Overland Expo Mtn West, and figured it must just be for hanging out on remote beaches in style. Clearly I was mistaken! The woman we talked to at the expo says they live near Camp Lejeune, buy excessed vehicles, and mount older, better built fifth-wheel trailer assemblies on them - and then totally refurb the interior. (i.e. that's not just their rig, but their business.) Interesting concept. Not our thing - but good for them. Sure sounded like they're having lots of fun!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Haha - we saw it a week later at Overland Expo Mtn West, and figured it must just be for hanging out on remote beaches in style. Clearly I was mistaken! The woman we talked to at the expo says they live near Camp Lejeune, buy excessed vehicles, and mount older, better built fifth-wheel trailer assemblies on them - and then totally refurb the interior. (i.e. that's not just their rig, but their business.) Interesting concept. Not our thing - but good for them. Sure sounded like they're having lots of fun!

It looks like an early Hunter RMV when they used to plop Forest River trailers on an LMTV.

Sixinarow

Adventurer
spotted this Orange Crush up at 9063 feet on Mt Herman in Colorado.

My wife and I were the first ones in the gates at the Mtn West Expo last Sunday. The owners of this truck were eating breakfast on their porch and let us tour it when they were done.

Check our Western Ranger MTV on YouTube.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Spotted in Bay City, TX this morning.

ygOaEUf.jpg

jZywyez.jpg

Mragu

Saw this beast inSt. Augustine this weekend. Did not get a chance to speak with owner. Massive vehicle.what is it?

E6006556-BAAC-450F-8968-A5F7F78D6296.jpeg

Attachments

• ABD23CB6-368D-4825-9780-FD55568CBDCA.jpeg
    ABD23CB6-368D-4825-9780-FD55568CBDCA.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • F6A5EB89-D658-497E-9550-5BDA24737775.jpeg
    F6A5EB89-D658-497E-9550-5BDA24737775.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 27

gregmchugh

Observer
Saw this beast inSt. Augustine this weekend. Did not get a chance to speak with owner. Massive vehicle.what is it?

View attachment 748652

It is a MAN 6x6 chassis with camper box probably shipped over from Europe but I don’t see a country code on the license plate. Also don’t see a manufacturer logo on the box. Someone may recognize the box manufacturer.

Quebec plates. La belle province. That’s a long haul at 90km/h wide open

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You don’t know if the owner regeared it at 6.143 instead of stock 7.8 axles (r&p + planetary), for RV use.
In which case, 108 kph. Don’t want to go any faster than that for multiple reasons, like tires, fuel consumption and just plain common sense.

Simons

Adventurer
You don’t know if the owner regeared it at 6.143 instead of stock 7.8 axles (r&p + planetary), for RV use.
In which case, 108 kph. Don’t want to go any faster than that for multiple reasons, like tires, fuel consumption and just plain common sense.

All true! The 90 sticker on the back could just be a self imposed limit suggestion I suppose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw this ER at truck tire place in Anchorage, I was just having them swap spare and weather-checked L rear on my U500.
It looked awfully humongous but was nevertheless the F550 chassis. New in Feb this year. Owner told me they switched up to 365/80R20 Goodyears because of “tire overheating” with the 335s. He said his (Dana 60) front weight is 6K, rear 12k. The (flipped) rear Hutchinsons (on adapters) have a lot of negative offset. I suppose we’ll find out about wheel bearing longevity sooner or later with the 365s.
He thought my policy of having a second unmounted spare was a good idea.
He was there for balance issues - tramping of various wheels. I think the adapters from F550 to Hutchinson could be a balance issue.

Attachments

• IMG_5783.jpeg
    IMG_5783.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 122

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94