Pics of your VAN! Post up!

carcrafter22

Adventurer
Here is my new ambulance/camper. My wife and I are converting it to camper status right now. It has the reliable 7.3L powerstroke with 118,000 miles on it, we will be installing a ujoint off road 4x4 kit next month and lifting it 4". The interior is getting gutted right now for new R25 insulation, new paneling, counter top, sink, and lots of other goodies.

Lopracer

So This is Lamont

After several months of lurking and enjoying all your projects I figured it was time to introduce my reason for searching out this Forum in the first place. This is my Tow Rat and camping van "Lamont" (named after the son from Sanford & Son) So far we have built a custom L-Shape couch that converts to a bed platform for a twin size inflatable bed. There is storage under the couch and eventually it will be a dinette. It's still 2wd and likely will stay that way. So far it hasn't let me down. Mostly we throw snow chains on it for the winter snow and use it tow our track car to road race events and camp in when we need to. So far it has been a wonderful $520 investment. Maybe Lamont's eventual replacement will be a Ford to put a U-Joint Kit on.

lamontchaind.jpg

Pictured after one of our recent snow storms. Had a lot of fun driving around with the snow chains that week, until they plowed the roads and the fun was over.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Nice boat!

Thanks to Ujoint for helping me get this beast on the road.
I am still figuring things out, and will probably be asking lots of questions.

I'll play along, here are some pics of mine...
*Interior
*Somewhere in AZ
*Co-pilot #1 and co-pilot #2

Attachments

• P3140014.jpg
    P3140014.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 485
  • PB280043.jpg
    PB280043.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 368
  • P1190014.jpg
    P1190014.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 476

logs2boats

oldie but a goodie

Thanks Robb, Boat is lots of fun and work. Kind of like the 'Van Habit' we all seem to have. Sure would be nice to have a little galley like yours, when one is out sailing in the desert. Happy Trails, Mark

smugdoug

2006 E350 EB, V-10, Ujoint Offroad 6" Conversion

Here's mine, Soon to have "Super Camper" Top

Attachments

• 600_Petersen1.jpg
    600_Petersen1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 370_petersen2.JPG
    370_petersen2.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 179

Dawgboy

Adventurer
This is my 64 dodge A100. I bought it for $50.00. Had not been registered for 13 years but runs just great. 93 k miles and the engine and trany were rebuilt in 1999. It was the painters van at the Palomar observatory and has spent most of its life inside the compound. It has a slant 6 170CI engine and 3 on the tree. I am going to turn it into a camper and put a lockright in the rear end.

all the rubber is shot.

9a4z2f.jpg

1r6c5x.jpg

replacement in the background...
ne9gcw.jpg

s1rs6c.jpg

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Not sure how much faith I'd put in that rear end. I once bought a lifted '68 Chevy van with big tires, a V8 and a burned out clutch. Got it cheap. Turned out the engine was a '71 327 'vette motor worth more than what I paid for the van.

Which was good because after I put the new clutch in it, I just had to let 'er rip. Snapped the pinion input shaft off - completely destroyed the entire diff - and the driveshaft was stucking up through the floor about a foot.

I would guess that the rear end in that Dodge isn't much beefier.

Nice old truck though. I like! Windows in the doors are cool. Pop-outs in the rear to suck in all that sweet smelling exhaust aroma! The bumpers rock, especially that back one, and the rack looks gen-u-ine vintage!

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome van dawgboy, love the bodystyle! When I was 15 there was one of the same vintage that ws for sale locally, really wanted it for my first car but the parents said no, mostly because of the built 440 big block stuffed into it and the tubbed rear - the seller claimed wheelies were possible and I believed it.

Patman

Explorer
Great van dawgboy, I've been hunting for a decent a108 to turn into a retro SMB for a while, its the only van my wife will let me park in the driveway!

Easy to convert to 4x and so Scoobyesque!

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Not sure how much faith I'd put in that rear end. I once bought a lifted '68 Chevy van with big tires, a V8 and a burned out clutch. Got it cheap. Turned out the engine was a '71 327 'vette motor worth more than what I paid for the van.

Which was good because after I put the new clutch in it, I just had to let 'er rip. Snapped the pinion input shaft off - completely destroyed the entire diff - and the driveshaft was stucking up through the floor about a foot.

I would guess that the rear end in that Dodge isn't much beefier.

Nice old truck though. I like! Windows in the doors are cool. Pop-outs in the rear to suck in all that sweet smelling exhaust aroma! The bumpers rock, especially that back one, and the rack looks gen-u-ine vintage!

I am thinking the axle should be fine as when the Mike redid the engine in 99, he also did the axle bearings and synchros. (I have a file full of everything done to it between '67 and '99) All of the running gear has about 10k miles on it. I want to put the Lockrite in there for traction on the soft stuff. With a slant six, the chances of me burning it out are pretty slim. That being said, If I happen across another running Wagoneer or Dodge truck with 4wd cheap, it may very well donate it's entire drive train... This beast would be an awesome 4x4 with it's short wheelbase and cab forward design. It would be very much like an FC170... But first the rubber and wiring, new door handles for the back, paint and an interior rebuild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94