‘15 Ram Cummins multi-purpose build

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
With these heavy trucks a 50 psi max sidewall just spooks me.
I agree that the softer spring rated Carli's and Thuren's aren't stiff enough for heavily loaded high cog loads. I had some Thuren's for awhile. He recommends against it anymore for that application.
I've got KORE's VR's up front which work well with the camper on. Take it off and the KORE coils will shake your teeth loose.

I tow my heavy tongue weight camper with 45psi all the way around. It's really not an issue except in perception. Read the inflation tables...

Not to mention my truck is probably heavier empty than your's is with the camper on. Bone stock it was just over 8000#.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I tow my heavy tongue weight camper with 45psi all the way around. It's really not an issue except in perception. Read the inflation tables...

Not to mention my truck is probably heavier empty than your's is with the camper on. Bone stock it was just over 8000#.
I'm at #8650 w/the camper. Add two occupants and a dog and it's just over 9K. 35-12.50-17 AT2's.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm at #8650 w/the camper. Add two occupants and a dog and it's just over 9K. 35-12.50-17 AT2's.

Exactly. Over 8k stock. Add heavy 37s a camper shell, full bedrug, and an auxiliary battery setup and I'd bet I'm very close to 9000# before I put a thing in it. My truck was at 12000# with my Lance in the bed ready to travel.

trojanman18

The thuren kit is on and I’m thuroughly impressed. Last minute change to my order with the rear track bar and I’m glad I did. The truck is hauling and handling well. Next mod is up in the air between a bed rack for a tent, or full egr, dpf, def delete. Leaning more towards the delete to start with improved performance. Less than impressed with factory shift points on the 68rfe.

trojanman18

A bit has changed in the last month or two. Added factory flares, grille and bumper painted black, and the deleted kit is on. Truck is performing above and beyond. I’m curious what every is running for psi on the trails in these heavy trucks? I ran my 35” bfg ko2’s at 20psi last week on some technical rocky switch backs, almost felt as if there was too low of pressure for the weight and I could feel my steering deaden.

Adventurous

Explorer
The thuren kit is on and I’m thuroughly impressed. Last minute change to my order with the rear track bar and I’m glad I did. The truck is hauling and handling well. Next mod is up in the air between a bed rack for a tent, or full egr, dpf, def delete. Leaning more towards the delete to start with improved performance. Less than impressed with factory shift points on the 68rfe.

I would agree about the shift points on the 68RFE. With the camper on, my truck bogs down between 30-35 mph, almost as if the transmission is trying to make it work with too high of a gear. It's easily solved with some skinny pedal, but can be annoying when it happens.

trojanman18

I would agree about the shift points on the 68RFE. With the camper on, my truck bogs down between 30-35 mph, almost as if the transmission is trying to make it work with too high of a gear. It's easily solved with some skinny pedal, but can be annoying when it happens.
After deleting and adding the tcm tunes, it really changes the stick shift points. Shifts a lot smoother even under load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94