01 montero limited brake question

coffeegoat

Adventurer
Ah, well that's something. I hate to say it, but are you sure you got the brake lines reattached to the right ports on the HBB?

Mozo

I'll go look at them again..i just cant understand why the hbb ran when i first installed it and now i can hear the solenoid click but the hbb doesnt run.

Mozo

The hbb is designed to run only when needed to pressurize the accumulator which actuates the brakes. It should come on once out of two or three braking applications..

I just removed the whole master cylinder unit again and reinstalled the hbb. The thing wont run. I can hear the solenoid clicking but the pump wont operate...im thinking i bought a reman hbb that is faulty. If the solenoid is firing the pump should be operating i would think...its getting the command but not functioning..
What do yall think? I guess i could pull the hbb again and hook it to a battery and see if it operates.

Mozo

Well...pulled the whole unit and removed the hbb motor...straight wired it to a battery and got nothing...looks like ebay parts have proven unreliable once again...at least i know that once i can get another one i can put it all back together in about 30 mins thanks to all the practice ive gotten!!

plh

Explorer
Well...pulled the whole unit and removed the hbb motor...straight wired it to a battery and got nothing...looks like ebay parts have proven unreliable once again...at least i know that once i can get another one i can put it all back together in about 30 mins thanks to all the practice ive gotten!!

Did you buy the entire HBB or just the motor?

Mozo

Ive started a return thru ebay..i have the option of a refund or exchange for another one...do i roll the dice again? I paid 225 for it..seen new ones in the 550 range.

Mozo

Ive located a new motor at a fair price..my wife will drive this some and i ve grown pretty fond of her!

Mozo

Success!! Just got the new motor pump combo in the mail and slapped it in the truck...bleeding went fairly easily and my new truck is on the road...happy happy! Clean truck..200k on the odometer and ive got a thousand bucks in it total right now...ready to do some customizing now!

Mozo

Frustrating to say the least...but im really excited to go have some fun with this truck..i appreciate everyone jumping in to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior