02 Land Rover Discovery 2 - Lockers, bumpers, and more.

gpdx

Hi everyone. I'm selling my Land Rover. It's a great offroad vehicle and could be the start of your expedition platform. I've had a lot of fun camping with it and it's been out on one off road run with the local land rover club. I drove it out to Montana and back last summer and it did great on the highway. Sees about 11 mpg in town and around 14mpg on long tips.

Why would it sell it? Well, I need a pickup and the Land Rover can't perform that duty. Please let me know if you have any questions. Located in Portland, OR.

2002 Land Rover Discovery 2. SD model with no sunroofs (Yay! No leaks!) and with vinyl seats. 112,766 miles. Rebuilt 4.6L engine with about 15,000 on the rebuild. Center Diff Lock. ARB air lockers on the front and rear with ARB compressor. Safari Gard bumpers front and rear, both with extended skid plates. 3 Baja Design lights on the front wired to the fog light switch. Superwinch 8500lb winch. Rock sliders. Full width front diff guard and rear diff guard on the pumpkin. Quick disconnect front sway bar. No rear sway bar. Snorkel. 2 inch OME lift. 255/85/16 BFG KM2 tires with good life left on them. Odyssey red top battery. Backup camera. New Alpine stereo with bluetooth and mic for hands free calls. New Land Rover rubber mats. Moderate exhaust from the cats back. Did great at DEQ and has temporary tags as I moved the plates to my truck. ATV permit good until the end of 2018. Thule rack and dog guard for cargo area and some recovery gear (not pictured).

Work done while I've owned it:
- New SAI solenoid
- Wired reverse light to mini light bar above license plate
- New front drive shaft installed at Ship's Mechanical - a local Land Rover specialty repair shop.
- New driver side rear door lock acutator
- Gear oil change in transfer case and both differentials
- New 180* thermostat
- New brakes all around with DBA slotted rotors and Akebono ceramic pads. Brake lines flushed and bled
- New water pump
- Replaced plastic air intake plenum
- ARB compressor maintenance - New seals and pressure switch
- New idler pulley
- New wire set and plenum gasket, throttle body heater bypass, new hoses to heater intake. All done at Ship's.
- New drag link and terrafirma steering damper

Work done by previous owner all done at Lamorna Garage, a highly reputable Land Rover repair shop in Seattle, with receipts.
- New SAI pump
- XYZ switch
- New motor mounts
- Turn signals moved to reverse light location
- Header joint wiring replaced
- Engine replacement. Rebuilt engine came from Marvelous Motors and installed by Lamorna

Full disclosure of stuff that needs work:
- Saggy headliner. Very common and was on my to-do list, but never got to it.
- Exterior C pillar plastic trim is gone on both sides. Was waiting to replace when doing the headliner.
- Very slow leak on the transfer case. Doesn't mark its territory, but visible when you crawl underneath. These transfer cases have a notoriously hard to seal inspection plate.
- Uses a little oil between oil changes
- Small rock chip in the windshield near the edge on driver's side. I filled with the DIY kit and has not spread, but still visible.
- Paint is in OK shape. There are a few clear coat spots, some forest pin striping, and some parking lot dings.
- A/C compressor has a rattle that is noticeable at idle. A/C functions fine and pulley bearing seems in good shape. Had it to Ship's to diagnose and they recommended a new compressor eventually, but is fine in the mean time.
- Driver seat has a rip in the bolster and the seat heater doesn't work. Passenger seat heat works great though.
- One horn button does not work.

Price is $9900 OBO. Clean title on hand, in my name.

DSC_7551.jpgDSC_7552.jpgDSC_7553.jpgDSC_7554.jpgDSC_7557.jpgDSC_7558.jpgDSC_7562.jpgDSC_7563.jpgDSC_7564.jpgDSC_7565.jpg

Last edited:

gpdx

Bumping it back to the top.
Happy to answer any questions or provide more photos as needed.

gpdx

Got it at 9800 now. Also just purchased a used a/c compressor to replace the current unit. Not sure when I'll have time to get it installed.

gpdx

Still for sale. Lots of lookers, but so far no takers.
Just changed the oil, replaced the crankshaft position censor, and it got a new battery.
Been inching the price down to get it into a new home. Currently have it at $8900.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles