08 Jeep Liberty Pics

Dave

Explorer
We saw a pair of these going down the highway in CO on Tuesday. They had the covers on them, but they looked pretty sharp from what we could see.

BCJC

Adventurer
they look great! now if they reintroduced the cherokee with that styling and solid axles etc...:D

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
The Liberty is the Cherokee. In AU, they call it the Cherokee. In NA, they sold them side by side for a year so they needed another name.

This model would be the perfect time to switch back to Cherokee in my opinion.

I do like the look of the new model and the idea of a few extra inches of cargo room sounds appealing too.

Hopefully the front end has been beefed up too.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
calamaridog said:
This model would be the perfect time to switch back to Cherokee in my opinion.

QUOTE]

I had read somewhere of a threat of legal action from a Nat'l Group of Native Americans where they objected to the name Cherokee being used by Chrysler.

Never heard more on the subject. But with DC planning to eliminate the model i believe it would be a cheap alternative to paying legal fees by promising not to reuse the name in North America.

How much of the above that is factual is....just a guess on my behalf.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Thanks for the link!

I haven't been a fan of Liberty... probably due to the lack of rear seat and cargo space. But this version may actually have potential.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Pete,

The current rear seat room isn't too bad. The rear cargo capacity sucks though.

The new model will only gain a few inches cargo space I believe. Better than nothing:)

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
calamaridog said:
Pete,

The current rear seat room isn't too bad. The rear cargo capacity sucks though.

The new model will only gain a few inches cargo space I believe. Better than nothing:)

I probably should have been more specific by saying rear seat access rather then room. The rear wheel wells really make a big bump that people have to "get over" in order to access the rear seats. Not bad for kids, not good for the mother-in-law. This was one of the big reasons that my wife has a CR-V instead of the Liberty. As far as rear comfort, the CR-V beats the current Liberty hands down, but then again, it isn't in the same class for overland travel.

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior