1/4 Ton Trailer Stabilizers...... Sugestions

Salty1

I have a Bantam T3-C that I am converting into my expedition getaway trailer. As I have progressed along with the build I have always tried to think 2 steps ahead but forgot a critical item..... stabilizers. I just installed a Tepui Tent on the custom built rack and quickly found out that it will need to be attached to my Jeep to utilize the tent, The fix I believe is to install stabilizers ton the rear frame of the trailer to keep it level. I am looking at the Atwood stabilizer jacks and am thinking 2 for the rear trailer frame and one up front, For those who have faced similar problems what did you use for stabilizers? Any suggestions or advice on the mounting locations? Suggestions will be greatly appreciated....

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We sell a rear stabilizer that may do the trick for you. You can see it here

brian90744

American Trekker
I installed atwood's on mine=great, found them on EBay, you need the long type.=brian

Attachments

• jack 3.jpg
    jack 3.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 39
  • jack 1.jpg
    jack 1.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 42

cwadej

just a guy
I like the BAL C stabilizers. 4 or 5 lengths to choose from. The screw type can do wonders that the Atwood types can't, and are more sturdy. I tried the Atwood.

IM1RU

Observer
I like the BAL C stabilizers. 4 or 5 lengths to choose from. The screw type can do wonders that the Atwood types can't, and are more sturdy. I tried the Atwood.

Those are the stabilizers that are on our VMI trailer.. They are very easy to use, and really butch.... X2 for the BAL C's

stomperxj

Explorer

Those are the stabilizers that are on our VMI trailer.. They are very easy to use, and really butch.... X2 for the BAL C's

X3 the BAL C jacks are nice and are very tough. I used them on the Sawtooth XL

97kurt

Adventurer
I just picked up a pair for the BAL 22" C jacks. Can any of you guys with these post how you mounted them? Not sure if I will put them inline with the frame behind each tire or put both horizontally on the rear most portion of the frame.

stomperxj

Explorer
I just picked up a pair for the BAL 22" C jacks. Can any of you guys with these post how you mounted them? Not sure if I will put them inline with the frame behind each tire or put both horizontally on the rear most portion of the frame.

97kurt - Sorry it took so long to reply. I wasn't subscribed to this thread for some reason. Below are some pics of how I mounted mine-

sm-00083.jpg

sm-00069.jpg

sm-00072.jpg

Hope that helps. Sorry for the delay-

Jess

97kurt

Adventurer
Thanks for the pics. I ended up sending mine back and getting the 25" versions. Mounted them parallel with the frame for now and they seem to work fine. May do the same for the front, just wish they were cheaper.

IMG_9853.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

stomperxj

Explorer
Looks great man. Keep up the good work. They are a little spendy but I like them way more than the standard swing down style stabilizers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior