ruditron

Adventurer
mercedes is this your dog?
nmw2.jpg

i have one just like her.....

18961_286805045930_505790930_5069554_2289114_n.jpg

bluejeep

just a guy
I NEVER read threads this long. Especially since I'm not a Land Rover guy. This time, I read all 49 pages, and when I finished I wanted another 49.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
This thread represents, in my opinion, "what Expedition Portal is about". It serves an example of both the intent of all of us here, and the attitude that permeates throughout the whole web site.

Thanks for sharing with us and as serving as inspiration, very real inspiration.

JCH4

Observer
Only if you want one. My guess is around 90% of them have no box there, just a sheet of birmabright that can slide forward to allow you to do work on the transfercase area. I have a dip stick on my transfercase so I can check oil level & top up without leaving the driver's seat. I also rigged a dip stick for the gearbox (T-18) so I can check it seated as well. I got tired crawling under in icy mud each morning just to check fluids.

Birmabright is the Aluminum alloy Land Rover used to build Series rigs.

Where can one find Birmabright for sale in the States?

Containerized

Adventurer
Fantastic work. Getting my D90 back to near-new condition years ago was a lot of work, but looks like a twiddle of thumbs compared to this undertaking.

I sometimes fantasise that someone with your skills found that truck in Ivory Coast and rebuilt it... sadly, it's likely just a fantasy. :(

dibsen

Adventurer
50 pages now. Took me 3 days. Loved every bit of it!

In the prosess of my own 617 swap, been sitting on the parts for a few years now. If my rover could have a fraction of your fit and finish Jim, she'll be a beauty. I know probably 10 of the 50 pages are compliments but well deserved, again great job. I have a slew of questions and when I get my thought together I will try to present them in some type of logical order. Better yet I will just start a build thread of my own.

I'm from the New England area originally and really miss the northeast, looking at your pics makes me want to move back. Maybe someday. But, if you ever want to take a trip to the South East for some warm weather vacationing, you'd be a welcome visitor here. We do have some of the prettiest beaches in the world (Trueman Show was filmed here because Sea Side is nothing shy of perfect) and last year held our first Sand Rover Rally.

Again, great job on the complete re-fab of your New Landy and hope that new main shaft is sorted out now.

Cheers,
Dave

Mercedesrover

Explorer
Pulled this truck out of the garage this weekend. Haven't driven it in over a year. Spent the past four days cleaning it up and going over it. Everything worked except the speedo and one parking light. Spend a few minutes on that stuff and the truck is 100%.

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz