[$10K PRICE DROP] 2000 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3L diesel 4x4 set up for offroad adventures & expeditions

Still available. Priced well below market value. It would be impossible to build one to the same upfit level for less than well over twice the cost (> $55-60k & months/years of build time to replicate this vehicle to the same upfit level). Truly fantastic value when compared to comparable vehicles built to similar upfit level.

What is the mileage?

-sg
Just over 180k, as stated in 1st line of engine specs. However, the legendary 7.3L turbo intercooled diesel is known for its reliability, and they regularly last for 500k miles with only regular oil & filter changes. And the version of 7.3 in this vehicle is the better earlier version with forged rods from the factory, not the powdered metal rods (PMR) that the newer versions came with.

The only weak point on these trucks is the trans, which has been more than sufficiently addressed with a fully built John Wood (JWTT) 'Street Performance' 4R100 transmission installed only 20k miles ago. Trans has billet input, output & intermediate shafts, upgraded valve body & upgraded large 26-row transmission cooler, as well as all available updates. Best Powerstroke transmission in the industry - $7,400 installed for these items alone, with receipt for proof ($7,900 receipt incl. $500 for International bellowed stainless steel up-pipes installed at same time) . Cost of same setup today is $8,800, as cost of transmission alone has increased in price by $900 from $5,700 to $6,600 since transmission was installed. The only 2 shops in the world that build a bullet proof 4R100 trans are JWTT in El Centro, CA (who built this truck's trans) or Brian's Truck Shops (BTS) in Lead Hill, AR. This trans is not your average ~ $3k rebuilt / reman'd or even better quailty ATS trans that might require replacing every 3 - 5 years if used hard. Yet the trans doesn't require any special care or maintenance.

I cant buy this right now. But... why hasn't anyone bought this rig?! Has everyone been convinced by Instagram that you have to have a sprinter or some kind of high top van for this type of thing? This guy built an amazing overlanding rig.

... why hasn't anyone bought this rig?! Has everyone been convinced by Instagram that you have to have a sprinter or some kind of high top van for this type of thing? This guy built an amazing overlanding rig.
I am somewhat perplexed by this myself (I am the seller) ... I've seem similar upfitted vehicles selling for as much as $75-90k, so ~ $25k seems like an outrageously low price, and if I was in the market for something like this, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. Sometimes I think the insanely low price might be scaring some people off. I see people buying LandCruisers, Tundras & Jeeps that to me seem half as capable for twice as much, so am somewhat baffled.

I grew up in Africa, overlanding in the late 80s, before 'overlanding' was the trendy thing to do. To us, it wasn't 'overlanding' as much as it was a way to travel, explore & experience new people & places. We overlanded around Southern Africa with 7 people in a Land Rover Defender 110 with a roof rack with nothing but 2 ground tents, cheapo sleeping mats & sleeping bags, a few camp chairs, a small personal bag each, a Cadac skottel, a food hamper, and maybe an old polystyrene cooler ... and had a ball of a time. One needs much less than one thinks one does to go some amazing places & experience some amazing things.

Aproject80, thanks for your support & understanding!!

I curse the bank gods for this atrocity!!!! I will have 20k by the end of the month which is still not enough...:-( this would be the perfect birthday/thanksgiving gift to myself...