120 -> 200, anyone make the jump?

1HaytchZed

I went from a 07 4runner to a 08 URJ200 about 6 years ago. I had a 03 4runner (2UZ) and a 98 4runner prior to that. It was a pretty interesting step-up. Just last year I thought about looking into a 17-18 4runner as a 2nd vehicle and absolutely hated the way a new 4runner drove.

Warning:
Once you go up to URJ200, it will be difficult to go back to a 4runner.

JLee

Adventurer
I went from a 07 4runner to a 08 URJ200 about 6 years ago. I had a 03 4runner (2UZ) and a 98 4runner prior to that. It was a pretty interesting step-up. Just last year I thought about looking into a 17-18 4runner as a 2nd vehicle and absolutely hated the way a new 4runner drove.

Warning:
Once you go up to URJ200, it will be difficult to go back to a 4runner.

I have a GX470 now, so a little cushier than a 4Runner. I still expect a massive improvement if I step up, though!

Upland80

Adventurer
I have a 470. No comparison to a Land Cruiser IMO, especially the solid axle variety. I bought it as a DD to last me about 5 years until my daughter is old enough to drive it...

1HaytchZed

I have a GX470 now, so a little cushier than a 4Runner. I still expect a massive improvement if I step up, though!

I have a GX470 at my disposal, family member's, and I drive it occasionally for a few days at a time, and its cushier ofcourse, but the platform leaves so much to be desired for. 200>120, naturally :)

JLee

Adventurer
I have a 470. No comparison to a Land Cruiser IMO, especially the solid axle variety. I bought it as a DD to last me about 5 years until my daughter is old enough to drive it...
I had an 80 and actually prefer my GX. The 80 was too slow for a daily driver -- granted, armor and 35's combined with stock gears didn't help :p

Upland80

Adventurer
I had an 80 and actually prefer my GX. The 80 was too slow for a daily driver -- granted, armor and 35's combined with stock gears didn't help :p
Yeah I don't DD my 80 either, that's what the GX excels at. Off road there's no comparison...not even close.

JLee

Adventurer
Yeah I don't DD my 80 either, that's what the GX excels at. Off road there's no comparison...not even close.
Oh yeah, my 80 would go anywhere I pointed it. Just...very slowly, lol. It was an awesome truck but the harsh reality is that I spend far more time on pavement than I do doing fun stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke