2016 Regular Cab Silverado 4X4

Sweet build, about the most work I've seen on a newer chevy. Pretty good wheeling for just a 2inch level kit and what an extra 1-2in over stock tires. I've got an 18 Chevy crew cab and.will probably get the BDS level kit....any complaints so far?

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Thanks. No real complaints on the BDS level. The 285/60R20 tires clear on stock wheels but rub the UCA at full turn. When I went out I wasn't clipping anything but if the truck was any lower or running taller tires then these 33.5", I'd rub the fenders off road.

I'm basically running a 20" equilivant to 295/70R17. So when I eventually buy 17" wheels, I'm curious how that size will clear with different wheel offset.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
So I picked up another Alu Cab product. I like full pop up tents but opening the cab doors, reaching over (with the awning in the way on one side) and securing the front straps/locks etc is kinda annoying. I dont like fibreglass as I had enough tents (this is RTT #10 btw) that I can see issues down the road popping up etc. I tried out the HDPE Aspen but it had enough flaws I didn't want it (plus it was heavy for it's size). So I finally had enough cash to buy one of these tents. Bonus points my awning bolts to the tent, so I had those side brackets I had added earlier cut off. Only issue with this tent so far is length...

I didn't mount the Alu-Cab RTT right away because I didn't want to drill into this rack. The top of the bed rack narrows to 48" between the side bars (so I would have only had four bolts securing all that weight) and it would have stuck out passed the rear bumper as the rack is a tad lower then the cab. So I had brackets made up that raised the tent, and allowed me to move it over the cab. This allows me to move the tent forward and up, and uses flat plates to secure it to the rack.

Down the road I want to get some tabs welded to the rack. Basically copy the Alu-Cab brackets so I can secure the ladder between the tent and rack and keep it out of the tent itself. Either way i'm stoked to finally have the tent on the truck and ready to go!

IMG_5745-X3.jpg

Kingsize24

Dude!!! You're a tease. We need more pics than that. some from the side showing the tent if you have some.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I don't have any other shots. I just had all this done a couple hours ago, and the outside lighting is bad right now. I just took a quickie with the tent deployed.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Mounted a 30" Rigid Industries e series today. I went with full amber to help with dust. I just mounted it on the side of the grill using some L brackets I had laying around. it's the spot/flood combo.
IMG_5841-X3.jpg

IMG_5847bw-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
No one locally carried an SB50 Anderson plug connector, I can 0-4 gauge stuff all day long but that's too large. So I called OK4WD to inquire about buying an Alu-Cab power cord, and the guy said they just buy their electrical stuff through powerwerx. I checked out the site and noticed they have an awesome lazy man section that allows you to pick connectors, wire length/gauge etc and they will build it for you. So I went that route. Shipping took forever (thanks UPS). Finally got my package yesterday, so I hooked my power cable to the battery and ran it across the frame and up to the tent. End of the day I wanted to future proof my setup for a fridge/power block down the road.

I got 30 feet of 8 gauge wire, 3/8 battery connectors on one side and a 50 amp SB Series Powerpole Connector on the other (which I can remove and solder something else down the road if needed). Now I can turn on the two interior lights, power my 12V cig adapter and power up the two USB connectors on the inside of the tent. Alu cab normally has a 12v adapter on one end but I didn't want to run a cord into the cab and close the door over the wire every time I wanted to power the tent. This was more permanent and allowed me to install everything once and leave it be.

aA5fXzY.jpg

Tiki

Observer
Mazzulla front skid plate would look great. Love this and your last build. Instagram account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles