16x7 aluminum wheels for Tacoma!

dumprat

Adventurer
Where can I get 16x7 aftermarket wheels for a Tacoma? I want lightweight. Black aluminum wheels I can put a 235/85r16 on properly.

And no fake beadlocks thanks.

I bought a set of Konig Countersteer Type X wheels. They are 17s, but they also make 16s in various (and I think better looking designs). The company is called FN wheels and they have the wheels custom made by Konig. My 17x8s only weighed 20.4 pounds each! Super happy with everything about them. They even accept the TRD centercaps so it looks more factory-ish instead of gaudy aftermarket hub caps.

Here are mine:
NfHxvwf.jpg

Here is the website. The 5 star and Countersteer offroad are both 16s.
https://www.fnwheels.com/new-products/

dumprat

Adventurer
Trail and TRD pro are both 17" are they not?

The only stock wheels I like are base model 16' wheels. The black ones that look vaguely like a biohazard symbol. Trouble is they are expensive and hard to find

lugueto

Adventurer
Stock 4Runner 5 spokes should work nicely, they're also reasonably light.

What's the backspacing difference between these and Tacoma wheels?

I know people here use stock Tacoma steelies on Prados and 4Runners so 4Runner wheels should fit fine on Tacomas.

dumprat

Adventurer
I might go with 4Runner wheels. They seem to be almost the only good looking option. I would rather have aftermarket wheels but nobody seems to make any.

If you want a 20" Chrome fake beadlocks there are twenty options, but not much if you actually want to use a truck as a truck.....

Most people who are going to uses a truck as a truck aren't running 235s in single wheels is why. Not much demand for a single-wheel style wheel in 16x6.5 or 16x7 for alloys. Hence, no one, or few places make them. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior