1972 GMC K20 Dubbed "The Wilson Project" ***UPDATES***

I took the transfercase down to our local U Blast Sandblasting Shop. My first time at the helm, i think i did ok.. But I was also rushing a bit so I wouldn't get to the next time bracket and have to pay more lol. Also some of this paint was really on there, spent lots of time trying to remove certain sections. Either way, it ended up turning out pretty nice if you ask me. I haven't received my Twin Stick shifter setup yet from JB Conversions due to backlogs with UPS. I also ordered an adapter from Advance Adapters that will connect my 4L80E to the GM NP205. Apparently this will require some machining of the NP205 T-Case to aceppt a larger bearing. I'll have to wait and see how she looks when it arrives. I'm also going to tear down the transmission this week and get into that and make a list of a few more parts to order. I really would like to get the drivetrain all buttoned up before I'm called back into work. Might actually have a half decent chance of driving it this year!!

1.jpg

Came across my old 1986 Squarebody C10 the other day while out running errands. I sure miss this thing. It's no adventure mobile, but it was a nice daily!

2.jpg

While tearing down the transfercaseI found the original owners name behind the ID tag. I thought this was super rad, and it shows where my inspiration came from for the build name. I love finding little bits of history like this.

3.jpg

Down at my local sandblasting facility, cleaning up all the red off the transfercase.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Starting to look better!

6.jpg

All cleaned up and taped off for primer.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Bucket full of guts. All waiting to go to the parts washer.

9.jpg

3 coats of primer.

10.jpg

Bam. 3 Coats of this colour and a couple coats of clear. Looks way better! Just have to pick up some new hardware and reassemble once my adapter arrives. I think I might paint the transmission this colour as well. I think it looks great, personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online