1973 Travel Trailer - "Baby Blue"

matt s

Explorer
Inspired. We just found one and now it's in our driveway! 1965 aladdin 12'

I'll post a pic later.

matt s

Explorer
Some pics. The transformation has begun. paint, interior repairs and cabinet paint. Recovering of cushions etc. Hope to finish this week. Will post the after shots later.

35326_1437392028289_1637650158_1030343_7787390_n.jpg

My wife rolling out the new sealant for the roof.

35326_1437391988288_1637650158_1030342_345550_n.jpg

My wife sporting my hat and happily rolling away!

35326_1437391948287_1637650158_1030341_8331957_n.jpg

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Congrats Matt. I think I mentioned it but regular old latex worked awesome when sprayed. It is a thick paint so a bigger nozzle than your standard air gun (which is usually 1.4mm), something like a 1.8 or higher. Typically the bottom of the line spray guns are perfect because they are higher volume, like Home Depot sells a bottom feed sprayer for $20 or $30 or it comes in their airtool kit that is perfect. Makes the job take 1/2 as long. We are looking at a house with a big aluminum building on the property (my possibly future shop) and I'm going to spray it green to blend in a little better. with the crappier air gun I should be able to do it in a day or less hopefully...

921017075_MyHtJ-M.jpg

It is pretty cool how well latex adheres to aluminum. Baby blue still looks perfect even after the winter outside...

matt s

Explorer
Latex is what I am using. I have it all primed now. However my cheap gun started binding up in the piston every time you let off the trigger, making you have to do a full tear down and clean to get going. My wife is attempting to return it now. Total piece of junk. Going to try another brand for the finish coat.

Good luck with the shop painting!

arturocardona

Hello all,
Just came across this posts while trying to learn about the Prowlers... for a while now i have been looking for an old trailer to slowly restore. However I have limited financial capacity to undertake a project like this. My kids (2) are in the right age to appreciate the outdoors and I want to create great memories with them. I have found a 17' 1973 prowler travel trailer for $500. Unfortunately it is less than immaculate, and has a water leak in the back panel. So far what I have found is that it is not a big deal... Does any of you have any experience with fixing a leak and water damage? could you please share and educate me before I make a mistake and buy it?
Thank you!

Waygoner

Observer
I bought a 1967 Winchester 2 years ago for $500. It had water damage front and rear from leaking windows. I fixed the front but haven't tackled the rear yet. The construction on these is pretty simple. If you have some skills and basic tools you can fix the damage.

This is what I started with.
camper0.jpg

During deconstruction.
camper3.jpg

New framing.
camper5.jpg

Here's how it looks today.
camper2.jpg

Darkrider

Adventurer
Interesting thread, I may end up starting one on the 21 ft Prowler that the fiancees step dad gave us last summer when we get started on it. The tentitive plan for it atm is to rip out what is left of the bathroom and rear closet and restructure the back half into a toy hauler type set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles