1975 Volvo TGB111 Camper

Linus Tremaine

Adventurer
You guys have probably seen this truck here and there over the past several years. Some threads have been started discussing it.

My friend built this vehicle over an 8 year period and used it to travel extensively. I purchased it from him and am now ready to move on. I am a land rover person and I cant change that. This is an amazing and extremely capable vehicle and I love owning it. It makes camping a snap and provides great amenities anywhere you want to go.

This is a retired military personnel carrier that has been made into a custom camper. It has hot and cold water, fridge, four batteries, custom fuel can holders, front and rear electric winch, power steering conversion and many other modifications.

This isnt something that can really be discussed in an internet forum. I suspect anyone serious will need to see it in person and talk to me on the phone. I have a set of spare portal axles and many other parts that come with it.

I have a camera, I have many pictures, I can tell you anything you want to know.

Santa Cruz, CA
Travellak1@netzero.net

Featured in petersen's off road magazine:

http://4wheeloffroad.automotive.com/102645/131-0904-volvo-valpen-tgb-111a-1975/index.html

Last edited:

Esmi

Explorer
For those that haven't checked out the gallery, I recommend you do.

In addition to being cool/unique/desirable in its own right, the camper conversion on this, I believe, includes a Maggiolina Airland permanently grafted to the roof, so it pops up like a Westy pop-top. Neato.

SCRover

Adventurer
bump

i've seen this truck more than once and have driven it. it's all that it's cracked up to be.

and Linus is a stand-up guy.

Hafwit

Adventurer
What gallery are you referring to? I am not aware of one on here. Can you provide a link to the gallery of pictures of this vehicle?

Thanks,
Greg

Linus Tremaine

Adventurer
more trades to consider

I would also be interested in a partial trade for an fj60 with a manual transmission, mercedes diesel sedan (w126 300sd), diesel wagon, toyota tacoma 4x4 with four cylinder, manual transmission with extended cab....

just some thoughts.

Linus Tremaine

Adventurer
other trades

Also interested in
Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1965 cadillac
Old station wagons from 50s and 60s
Jeep Rubicon or other expo prepared jeeps
Willys overland wagon
Toyota Troop carrier or similar (fj 45 etc)
1988/89 chevy caprice police edition

Linus Tremaine

Adventurer
I still have this

I still have this truck, though I have not really been trying to sell it at all. Im planning to use it on some trips later this year. I am still interested in selling it and am still open to trades. I have been really wanting a toyota tacoma....

I think Ill take it to the hollister hills event this month if anyone wants to see it...

Make me an offer!

ed604

Adventurer
I sent you a pm a few days ago if your still interested in selling. have a few things for trade and cash always works. if you would like to discuss further just send me a pm.

ed

zimm

Expedition Leader
hang tight. someone will buy that. i just think the price is in the price is in the "gotta love it just how the PO set it up" range.

i.e. i would be shredding 10g in good mods.

countryboy

Hi Linus

Amazing vehicle, exactly what I want but I'm in Australia and the vehicle is not, which is a problem.

Just a question, is there sleeping space in the truck? In the pop-up tent?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998