1979 Custom Ford with cycle rack, auto load boat rack, OB motor locker, etc...

Mick James

leaving for ca.jpg

Last edited:

velonut

Maybe just my computer or operator error but I don't see much in the way of details and a price? I am interested...

Mick James

new to forums not sure how to use this site yet

posted it a couple places on this site
its in excellent condition, looks like its still 1979 when your in it.
One owner, complete history, meticulously maintained, and loaded with new spares of all kinds for overlanding.
went straight to custom RV shop from the showroom floor. Was built as overlander from day one,
Custom built to support the auto load Boat Rack and with Outboard motor and tank storage lockers at the rear of camper.
This truck was used as an excursion vehicle once RV trailer Base Camp it pulled was set up. For fishing etc. So it was rarely used as a camper and is in "time capsule" condition.
The truck itself was the absolute pinnacle of RV pulling pickups of the day and still has the highest payload of any SRW pickup ever made.
It has a special factory extended wheel base for pulling or the largest slide-ins made.
It's a top of the line Lariat with all options.
Plus many extras of the day. CB, amfm casette, compass, altimeter, analog gauges, kelsey hayes brake controller, complete alarm system...
The truck has large extra waste and water tanks with pumps for transfer, etc.
Not sure what to ask so I guess It will be best offer.

Last edited:

Mick James

more pics

x

Attachments

• rearoftruck1362.jpg
    rearoftruck1362.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 966
  • queenbed1247.jpg
    queenbed1247.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 965
  • refer-bed1234.jpg
    refer-bed1234.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 954
  • inside rear.jpg
    inside rear.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 118

hankgs

Adventurer
Dude, there is a LOT of missing info... Location, what engine and trans, how many miles, has it been rebuilt, aux fuel tank...? Price point?

Mick James

info

its in southern California now and i will ship anywhere in US for the buyer. Already paid for shipping to east coast.
has all options possible on build tag, except cb radio
so that makes it a optional 460 4 barrel, C6 Auto and Dana 70 limited slip rear, AC, PS, Tilt, Cruise, fPDB, supercooling radiator and auxiliary trans oil and PS coolers, lighted visors, original am/fm stereo in box, dual batteries, 120 alt with original HD alt taken off when built and in box, camper and trailer wiring, original optional HD Ford 4080lb wheels (5) 16.5x9.75 and Goodyear 12 ply 12.5x32 HI-MILERS, these are what came on the trucks with the opt wheels from the factory and are still avail from GY and still has all four hub caps! Has spare starter, hoses, belts, etc
And some owner added:
front fog lights, front receivers, mud flaps, amfm cassette, k and n, larger more powerful camper battery under hood, complete alarm system including every exterior locker door on camper, 40 gallon waste transfer and macerator pump in bedside spare location also a 14.000lb winch is stored in there, 2 extra fresh water tanks are mounted to the frame with pumps, theres also a special shelf under there with a portable barbecue grill stored there, theres a rescue shovel in one of the rear wheel wells, and class V rear receiver, rear bumper has a lockable spare carrier and a 5 gallon can mount. Factory dual tanks 33 and 20 with added carter elec. fuel pumps/regulators. Carb has complete rebuild. Tanks are full...Truck shows 48k. The motor/trans were rebuilt at 85k for the better gas available and more power in the eighties, it wasnt needed but done by owner for power and reliability, balanced and blue printed with new cam pistons valve train etc, all top shelf parts and have complete paperwork on every thing! This truck has Never burned oil. Never even leaked without immediate attention. Basically 72 and up engines were lo power smog dogs and the new gas available was crap. The 460 had about 200 hp and 325 ft/lbs.
The 71's had 365 hp and 500 ft/lbs. Big diff, plus tiger in your tank 108 octane for even more! Anyway this one was built to the earlier specs. And the trans was beefed up with HD shift kit etc. for pulling a load. So with 500 ft/lbs and 4.10 gears. It can pull or run some 37's with and Autofab lift! Also is an easy 4x4 conversion with tail housing mounted transfer and front axle from a 250/350 4x4 of the period. These HD F350-S trucks were never offered as a 4x4 so a conversion will raise the value big. I have only seen 2 in my lifetime and they were Stout Proud Iron. Very Tuff. That was my plan...

Camper has 25 gallon water, sink and rear bib, 3 burner and furnace, elec/propane fridge, fantastic auto vents, 3 amp solar panel, heart 1000 50 amp inverter, crank up satellite antenna and receiver, cab over queen bed, convertible booth, porti-pot, auto load boat rack, rear locking storage lockers each for OB motor, metal sealed for OB gas tank, and 8 ft pole storage, and the propane tank, six "scare" spotlights, rear and side awning mount, rear oudoor shower set up, etc. new furnace and frig motors...and has nice big sealed crawl thru...

Last edited:

Mick James

ON EBAY CLASS B RV'S

THESE TRUCKS CAN PULL!

Attachments

• 1975 camper spec 140.jpg
    1975 camper spec 140.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 87
  • silverstreak.jpg
    silverstreak.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 96

Forum statistics