ckkone

Explorer
Wow, how did I miss this one..

1984 Land Rover Defender 127

07bc_3.JPG

089e_3.JPG

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I would so love to have something like that!

But for my children's sake............I just can't justify parting with that much cash.

I would feel selfish.

Sooooooooo nice though!

(oh dang....I just talk myself out of so much kewl stuff!!!!).....:( :rolleyes:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I've met the guy recently....it's quite the story of where that one came from...Netherlands to Belize city....chevy diesel overheated the entire way up to the U.S. (now it's got a nice big new radiator)....driven by this gentleman's wife and her 80 y.o. mother....

Good to see he got what he wanted for it...now I know he's buying the coffee next time he's in town....

-H-

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Interesting, in the Q&A he say's it originally had a gas motor, but it has TDi badges??

'Course, it also has 130 badges, and he describes it as a 127-130. Can someone explain the 127-130 to me? Maybe it's expandable ;)

Also, someone please explain the 'intercooler snorkels'? I know what an intercooler is, and I know what a snorkel does (from several points of view ;) ), but why two snorkels?*

*One for dust, one for water ;) ;)

Last edited:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
TDi badges are just a sticker and easy to get. The engine is not even TDi though. This could be a good setup, my fears are too much engine for the transmission and it would have to be very closely inspected before purchase IMO, and the quality of the conversion of course. The engine definitely looks like a shoe horn as that is a large engine. I am also doubtful that is a Detroit Diesel, I think it is a Chevy 6.5 NA (which works but is also a PITA diesel. These are what came in early-mid Hummers). Naturally aspirated diesels suffer heavily from altitude, and if the engine was overheaded it could have head gasket and other issues. The unique aspect is the body of course, but not sure if it is worth it IMO.

gjackson

FRGS
Can someone explain the 127-130 to me? Maybe it's expandable

A 127 and 130 are the same thing. Just a naming convention change. I believe it was with the introduction of the 'Defender' name that the 127 was changed to 130. I may be wrong on that. But the wheelbase is the same for both models. Nothing like rounding up! :wings:

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior