1987 4runner travel light build

4runnerteq

Explorer
I'm with with you on staying close to stock, these are the tires that were on it when purchased (285/70/17). I've decided to run them through the summer then go to a smaller at come winter, these are awful in the snow.

BTW, just my opinion which doesn't mean doo doo. When you get the new rubber, ditch those newer gen wheels. I like them, but that truck needs some 80s era wheels on it, heck even some steelies with 33x10.50s.

Smileyshaun

Observer
if it's a manual trans you can offset the larger tires on the cheap by sourcing diffs out of a v6 auto 4runner , they came with 4.88 gears . 4.88s and a set of 33x10.50 is a great all around tire size on a 4 cyl 4 runner. that little bit of extra tire really helps smooth out the bumps when aired down .

Skitrash

BTW, just my opinion which doesn't mean doo doo. When you get the new rubber, ditch those newer gen wheels. I like them, but that truck needs some 80s era wheels on it, heck even some steelies with 33x10.50s.
I had also considered a smaller wheel size. For now my limited budget will go mostly to necessary repairs and trailer hitch.

Skitrash

if it's a manual trans you can offset the larger tires on the cheap by sourcing diffs out of a v6 auto 4runner , they came with 4.88 gears . 4.88s and a set of 33x10.50 is a great all around tire size on a 4 cyl 4 runner. that little bit of extra tire really helps smooth out the bumps when aired down .
It is a manual, I think the po already geared it down. I haven't checked yet but it seems pretty low geared. I also think its either full time posi or limited slip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior