1990 starting problem

1morebike

Adventurer
I'm having a weird issue with 1990 lwb. A few weeks ago I noticed it was not sounding awesome when starting. It sound like the battery was getting weak. I bought a new battery and two days later I drove it 3 miles shut it off and it didn't start. I tried everything thing ( banging on the starter, rocking it back and forth, clutch in, clutch out, neutral start) nothing worked. I went back to it a few hours later to meet the tow truck driver and it started fine. I drove it to my mechanics and shut it off. And tried to restart it and it started fine and the 3 time nothing. My mechanic replaced the starter and all was fine for a few weeks then the other day it didn't start again. All I get is click. I got it to start my pushing the clutch in and out a few times. It's started fine since then. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but my stereo is freaking out since I noticed this. It's sounds like it has missing ground or just cuts in and out or just shuts off for no reason. Anyone have any ideas?

mudraider

Adventurer
Corrosion build up inside the battery cables had mine doing that.

sent from my pretty good Android phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior