1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

scooter421

Adventurer
Those guys are good. Also check out https://www.rearviewsafety.com/.

I have, and they were my first choice, but now I'm not so sure.
There are soooo many options to choose from. It's harder to choose than I thought it would be. Pat, for what you're trying to achieve I think that 4 camera deal is pretty sweet. We considered the windshield/mirror mount as well. Then my wife mentioned "What if we need to get the windshield replaced?" Ok, fine dash mount it is! Decisions, decisions.....

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Scooter, the one I posted just clips over your existing mirror, so it can be put on and removed in a matter of seconds. Of course it can be stolen in a matter of seconds also. I've got a lot more research to do, and probably a lot of questions for the dealer also before I make a decision.

scooter421

Adventurer
Oh! I thought that was a whole mirror set up.

I did not realize it was a clip on deal. That is pretty cool.

Scooter...

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
I made it up for a camping trip this weekend, I did not want to come back as usual.

The back up camera is great, probably one of the better items I've purchased. I've wired it to be on all the time and I like it. Objects are closer than they appear but it was not an issue. Being able to see directly behind the truck is great and well worth the small expense.

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Oh yeah, I forgot about my solar panels. They did great and they are still attached!

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Thanks, I do like them. The process to install is a bugger and takes time. I was probably way more analytical than necessary and ended up removing and putting the solar panels back on many times before gluing down the brackets.

Due to the roof variations the middle brackets sat much lower or higher depending on how you look at it.

I could not just take a measurement off the bracket holes I made, mark the panel all the way around and drill holes. I marked and drilled the holes in the panels based on the way the panels sat on the roof in the brackets. A bit of a pain but thankfully they are on and being used instead of sitting on the shelf.

Scooter...

Last edited:

cjken

Explorer
Good morning guys,

I found this website last night Tadi Brothers, and they have some pretty cool stuff, pricey but cool! They are on Amazon also.

I have even less room on the dash of my F250, so I'm sort of leaning towards something like this. This is a 7" wireless monitor and you can also get a 9" version. Since my configuration is a tow vehicle and trailer, wireless would be much easier to install, and much easier to transfer if I trade vehicles later on. They claim 65' paired connection, with no interference or time delay. Plus, they have a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not happy with it.

View attachment 445268
Wireless RV Backup Camera System with Dual Rear Camera 2 side cameras and Mirror

YouTube Home Page
Facebook Page

Are those wireless cameras on board battery powered or do they get wired to a 12v source?
Looks like a great idea. My current back up camera doesn’t work well.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Ken, the cameras can be powered by any 12VDC source, but most use the vehicle's battery for this purpose. Some of the camera models are offered with external battery packs, and one of them I looked at even had an internal battery and magnetic mount for sticking it on your tailgate, rear door, etc., just so you can see your hitch when hooking up to a trailer. It was wireless and charged via a USB port.

If I knew what monitor I needed, I would go ahead and buy it along with that portable camera, just so I can hook up by myself. Then, I could add all the other cameras later on when I get to that point.

scooter421

Adventurer
Ken, the cameras can be powered by any 12VDC source, but most use the vehicle's battery for this purpose. Some of the camera models are offered with external battery packs, and one of them I looked at even had an internal battery and magnetic mount for sticking it on your tailgate, rear door, etc., just so you can see your hitch when hooking up to a trailer. It was wireless and charged via a USB port.

If I knew what monitor I needed, I would go ahead and buy it along with that portable camera, just so I can hook up by myself. Then, I could add all the other cameras later on when I get to that point.
Thanks Pat,

Reading your response, I realized my first much more complete response did not post. I probably forgot to hit the button after I was done....dang it.

Scooter...

patoz

Expedition Leader
I've done that too...write a whole page, review it and correct any errors, review it one more time, and then forget to hit the post reply button. ?

scooter421

Adventurer
I finally have running water! Next is the interior sink but this will do for a little while.

As expected it might, the drain spout connection on the backside leaks just a little. It's a slow drip so I'm sure I can seal it off without welding a fitting on.

Scooter...
d9820bcfd4a33317bc843f94432e71c7.jpg
7cdfd4f72d214f127496aa6bea77ac78.jpg

scooter421

Adventurer
Despite the many local area forest closures here in AZ, I managed to make it up to Bear Canyon and get a little camping/fishing in. It was really dry and dusty but better than being in the heat of the valley for sure.

It was a solo trip....sort of. I went up alone but met up with a buddy and his family. The crazy part, he went camping with me for the first time in his life a few weeks ago with a brand new 2 person tent. This trip, he had a brand new 25 foot trailer! Picked up from the dealer on Friday and headed up the mountain. 6 kids and the wife....first time camping together. It was entertaining to say the least.

I finally used the newly installed water tank which is another item I should have installed earlier. I never needed to turn on the pump, the drain spigot was sufficient for everything this trip. What a treat it was to have "running" water. No more water jug taking up space on the table.

I'll be headed up again if I can but the forest is getting really dry. They may close the whole forest if we don't get any rain.

I stopped the spigot leak with a little bit of silicone applied like pipe dope. Easy enough.

Scooter...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles