1997 Toyota Tacoma Suspension Upgrade for FWC Eagle.

joseph.hinker

@joseph.hinker I would recommend a custom leaf pack and timbren's.

I had a first gen Tacoma with a heavy cabover camper on it with dakar heavies and two of their add a leafs.

The springs sagged quickly and the truck spent most of it's time riding on the timbrens (which actually worked

I love your rig! Do you know how much weight your setup was? Did you upgrade your shocks and coils?

BajaSurfRig

I love your rig! Do you know how much weight your setup was? Did you upgrade your shocks and coils?

@joseph.hinker thanks man it was a pretty rad rig I still regret selling it.

I never weighed it but I think I was carrying around 1,500+ pounds around at all times.

I ran OME heavies on all four corners with wheelers 2nd gen super bumps in the front (trimmed to fit) and timbrens in the rear.

Other than being slow the truck actually rode really well and handled long washboard roads, deep sand, and washed out two track great.

There were times that I forgot that I had a huge camper on the back, that is until I had to pass someone...

I ran 235/85r16 LR E KO2's and feel like that was the perfect size for that set up.

I would say for what you want to run mimic what I did and then get a custom leaf pack made and you will be pretty solid.

joseph.hinker

I never weighed it but I think I was carrying around 1,500+ pounds around at all times.

I would say for what you want to run mimic what I did and then get a custom leaf pack made and you will be pretty solid.

I don’t think I will be carrying that much weight but it does add up quick. It is good to hear that it handled off roading well. I will definitely look into a custom pack thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94