1998 GMC Savana "bubbletop" lift kit

Drewniverse

This is my first post and I hope I'm posting in the right area!!!

I have a 1998 GMC Savana camper conversion. It has overload springs in the rear but I need to know what kit to get in the front, and then the rear is easy!!

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
I have used 1 ton coil springs on some and coil spacers on others, separately, never together.
You are limited by the suspension design to about 1.5-2 inches of front lift before you start banging on the frame.
Try the 1 ton springs first, if yours is a camper van it probably needs them replaced anyway, then go get alignment.
090 (1024x768).jpgwvan1.jpg056.jpg403.jpg

bigrene_82

I used some “heavy duty” coils and I gained over an inch of lift so it looks leveled but the ride is rough. I don’t wanna spend the money but looks like I might have to go with some weldtec spindles to get the lift that I want.

BTW I have a 2000 GMC Savana 2500. I believe I read The 1500 series (5 lug) vans can use the spindles from 88-98 Chevy trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Len.Barron

Observer
I used some “heavy duty” coils and I gained over an inch of lift so it looks leveled but the ride is rough. I don’t wanna spend the money but looks like I might have to go with some weldtec spindles to get the lift that I want.

BTW I have a 2000 GMC Savana 2500. I believe I read The 1500 series (5 lug) vans can use the spindles from 88-98 Chevy trucks.

I don't think Jeremy makes spindles for the 96-02 express...only the later ones. I do think that the earlier truck spindles (and maybe control arms too) fit the earlier express...so I think you have some options. try out some junkyard truck parts first to validate fitment.

bigrene_82

Your correct he doesn’t make spindles for the 98-02 models but the 03+ spindles do fit but the brake components must be upgraded to the 03+ components. At least that’s what I remember reading on the Weldtec Instagram page.

Yes depending on if your van is a 1500,2500,or 3500 you may have a cheapish spindle lift option. See this thread for a bunch more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles