1998 Toyota 4Runner DIESEL

JMAC_JBL

agree especially with 400K on everything else...balljoints, bearings all the moving parts etc... for sure not an easy sale at that price but wouldn't be surprised if people want it as a novelty :)
Novelty? Ever driven a Toyota diesel? I've driven them in Central America and in other parts of the world and it's why I sought them out here in the States. I drove this particular 4runner over Donner pass doing 75 while pulling a trailer and still got 20 mpg.

All points about bearings etc are all valid on a high mileage vehicle. All same questions I asked when I bought from previous owner who had done them. I have not had any issues therefore no reason to replace them and have not driven it enough miles to meet replacement intervals. Anybody looking to make a serious rig out of it I would think due their own due diligence and probably replace all those items.

Anybody else in CA tried to convert and register a diesel in a Toyota? Good luck because it's damn near impossible. Vehicles pretty much have to come in from out of State already with a title specifying it is a diesel.

Normal cost of conversion and all those other things factored in I think my price is more than reasonable...novelty and all

alexplb

Novelty? Ever driven a Toyota diesel? I've driven them in Central America and in other parts of the world and it's why I sought them out here in the States. I drove this particular 4runner over Donner pass doing 75 while pulling a trailer and still got 20 mpg.

All points about bearings etc are all valid on a high mileage vehicle. All same questions I asked when I bought from previous owner who had done them. I have not had any issues therefore no reason to replace them and have not driven it enough miles to meet replacement intervals. Anybody looking to make a serious rig out of it I would think due their own due diligence and probably replace all those items.

Anybody else in CA tried to convert and register a diesel in a Toyota? Good luck because it's damn near impossible. Vehicles pretty much have to come in from out of State already with a title specifying it is a diesel.

Normal cost of conversion and all those other things factored in I think my price is more than reasonable...novelty and all

Yes driven some old diesels... few that I've driven were right hand drive and it is a pain, also they are slow compared to modern vehicles on the road... MPG is by far the only nice bonus I see in having one. I'm sure CA makes it pretty much impossible to register a conversion I agree. at 10K I think you have a pretty good shot given the low miles on the motor. Wish you luck sir :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94