1up van tray bike rack for inside van

lseann

Borrowed this idea from Brian Lopes MTB Sprinter build to use in my Express AWD. Basically just mounted the tray's on two sections of airline track bolted to a 3/4" piece of plywood. Found a place that sells these brackets that mount to E-track and provide 2 threaded bolt holes so I used those and bolted the whole thing to the E-track on the floor of my van with easily removable hand knob bolts. Also used hand knobs to attack the trays to the airline track so they are easily removable/adjustable as well.505903

zelseman

Observer
Can you show a little wider view with a bike in the rack? I like the idea, but don't know if I understand the setup.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I used the same idea to mount my bike on my trailer.
6f66121aa06754b9f868b99b1d640c03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I was looking to do the exact same thing on my truck. Is there a difference between the Van Trays and the replacement trays?

Van trays? If you mean the roof mounts, yes, they are supposed to be more robust.

chowwwww

Observer
Van trays? If you mean the roof mounts, yes, they are supposed to be more robust.

So is that a roof mount rack you have on your trailer?

I ordered a left and right facing tray to build my rack. similar to yours but connecting to the side of my bed rack.

Last edited:
I used the same idea to mount my bike on my trailer.
6f66121aa06754b9f868b99b1d640c03.jpg

How would you rate the ratcheting mechanism? I'm working up a way to get my bike mounted vertically with a 1up roof rack system, but have my concerns with a ratchet jumping a tooth or seven while out on the trail. Is it pretty secure? Does it use locking pins or something?

Thanks!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
How would you rate the ratcheting mechanism? I'm working up a way to get my bike mounted vertically with a 1up roof rack system, but have my concerns with a ratchet jumping a tooth or seven while out on the trail. Is it pretty secure? Does it use locking pins or something?

Thanks!

Mine never budged at all. There are no locking pins at least not when I built mine. But I doubt I would trust it mounted vertically. It was designed to carry the weight in the trays.

Btw it’s not apparent in my photo but I had a Quick-fist that grabbed the seat post.

Edit the Quick-fist had not been installed yet when the photo was taken.

Mine never budged at all. There are no locking pins at least not when I built mine. But I doubt I would trust it mounted vertically. It was designed to carry the weight in the trays.

Btw it’s not apparent in my photo but I had a Quick-fist that grabbed the seat post.

Edit the Quick-fist had not been installed yet when the photo was taken.

Thanks! 1up customer service actually pointed me to the roof rack version when I asked about vertical mounting. Still skeptical...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles