$200 5KW Portable Diesel Air Heater

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Currently testing with the Meanwell power supply and the 3” semi-rigid duct. It’s been maintaining 70F with no problems. The duct is much better than dryer hose.
The mount is spur of the moment. It’s supposed to drop down to the mid 30’s tonight.
5a63077139b6cce0d17301b153650299.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaen

Adventurer
Ah gotcha! Yeah third party, I had to go directly to amazon to get them
Involved in the refund process due to how much **************** i had to deal with. My credit card company is on notice as well and wverything is documented so they will reimburse me if this company doesnt and go after them. .

zerodrift

Adventurer
Once it synced up, it changed to English after a few cycles. Thanks for the heads up. So we've used the heater a few nights so far and is been great. It goes thru more fuel than I initially thought, but that is certainly acceptable in exchange for the comfort.
d5e7fbceafad01332f0a0c2f9e0eee53.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
The Meanwell power supply did an excellent job keeping the heater going throughout the weekend.
The first time I used the heater, I had it placed on the ground by my front tire, and I extended the intake hose to my tent as well. The intake noise was pretty loud over my head. This time, I didn’t extend the intake hose, but the heater was sitting 4’ outside my window. There we no intake noise, but the tick tick of the pump was maddening. I think I will line the toolbox with a sound deadening material.
I saw no performance advantage to extending the intake into the tent vs letting it suck in cold air.

Ramrock

I've been working on a portable Chinese diesel heater project. It's not 100% complete yet. It was supposed to be a 2kw, but turned out to be a 5kw. I haven't got to fire it up yet ,though I'm getting closer to finishing.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    960.9 KB · Views: 171

Ramrock

I hooked up the power supply tonight, and mounted an AC outlet. I ran kerosene through it at 35c for 20mins; worked perfectly. I added a short pigtail with insulated disconnects, this way, I can quickly connect to AC power or DC power from my side battery.

6c536abdf422d65e48e4c724f4fb0d3f.jpg

What model is your power supply? Size?

hogasm

Observer
For those with the digital controller what pulse width do you set the fuel pump for.....at least that is what mine calls it
It came set at 4.6kh

zerodrift

Adventurer
The higher the hertz, the more frequently fuel is injected. Thus, more heat. Adjust up or down as needed. Make sure to occasionally ramp up temperatures to clear out the combustion chamber- I'm planning to do this prior to storage or after 5 gallons of fuel or so.

Used my setup for 5 cold evenings and it worked like a charm. The cereal box was used as a template.
e3fa34618894d4cb92a9f213899ca6bf.jpg
988a4f43d3b757b855ce1b8b3bbea295.jpg

Last edited:

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I’ve stayed down into the 20’s in a tent with the whatever the default setting is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior