2000 Ford 7.3L Motovan build (225's build cont'd)

CaptainBuilt

After a lot of cursing, yelling, spitting, it's finally in!

Leaf springs on:

uQDLLo5l.jpg

Holy crap:

dSM8sjfl.jpg

4jhgtNvl.jpg

Still LOTS to do, but over the hill.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I fell like all that sexy black steel needs some accents. Maybe some bright colored shocks? Or maybe just paint a specific part? Maybe the calipers blue or something? It is coming together though. Its a great feeling when it stops looking like a pile of parts.

CaptainBuilt

coming together!

Thanks! I still have to install the shocks / sway bar / and the extra leaf. I'm gonna send it off to alignment tomorrow hopefully.

I fell like all that sexy black steel needs some accents. Maybe some bright colored shocks? Or maybe just paint a specific part? Maybe the calipers blue or something? It is coming together though. Its a great feeling when it stops looking like a pile of parts.

I'm spraying the top half of the van green. It's so much nicer that all the pile of parts are on the van. My wife is happy too!

And here she is boys. I still need the add a leaf in the rear. But it's rolling!

UVGVh1yl.jpg

Z6ZE3z2l.jpg

kyznrNZl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Today I have finished everything I can finish. I did the rear shocks, which I don't wish that job on my worst enemy. And installed the front sway bar.

I got some new (used) springs today. Mine were clapped out. Thanks for the springs, you know who you are. I can't get the old ones off, so I'm gonna drop the van off to get them installed in the morning.

New springs with add a leaf installed:

mILyeIZl.jpg

I really need to stop going by UJOR. I always buy stuff:

6l8jPOel.jpg

I'm going to camp at Deal's Gap all weekend. Needed some new sticky buns for the bike!

m1kC1til.jpg

Also, my bike lift:

Up:

Xd6KVgnl.jpg

In:

LI5oL69l.jpg

Ready to roll:

j3HDPlCl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member