2000 NPS300 - Mileage & Issues

Spoony

I'm looking at a 2000 model NPS300, which has the Sitec 115 in it.
The truck has about 240,000kms on it with a camper body already on it
I figure they're pretty slow but wondered if these KM's are an issue on such trucks?

From a car/4x4 world I've had modified XR6 Turbo Falcons with more kms with everything 100% original and mint (and likely to do double I recon), an old R50 Pathfinder with 350,000km all original and everything going strong so my head says for a truck it shouldn't be an issue at all?

I'd be looking at putting super singles on it and doing suspension work.
Will 37's fit on these NPS bodies once lifted a bit?

Cheers

dan85

Observer
Ive got a 2002 NPS with sitec115 and its slowish but it doesnt really bother me at all. driving between brisbane and port macquarie there are a couple of hills that im down to about 60kph, could probably hit 70-75 if i pushed it. I generally sit on about 90-95kph on the highway as that seems to be its sweet spot. last long trip i did with a light load i used 14-15lph. i bought mine with 150,000kms on it and no real dramas. it had a leaky hub seal but engine wise it seems fine. it doesnt make alot of noise and doesnt blow any noticeable smoke. mine was a former mine tyre truck and despite that is still in good condition. the shocks were leaky and i probably need to replace my spring bushes but all general ware and tear stuff. in term of fixing stuff it seems the only expensive thing is peoples hourly rates! of the parts ive bought so far they are about half of what i paid on my last patrol and so far its been easier to work on than the patrol. If i had a flat hardstand i wouldn't bother taking it to anyone to get work done but as it is i dont feel like jacking it up and taking a wheel off on a slope as it doesnt fit in the garage lol.

Spoony

I figured they'd be slow given the specs, really though all these light trucks seem that way, just different levels of slow. Ouch down to 60, I'm picturing which sections would do that to you now. What sort of weight?
KM wise I wonder if similar logic applies to as with cars. Ie 250,000kms of largely open road, continues driving vs say 150,000km all shot trip, stop start, around town, the later generally making up for the kms in wear and tear, and actually more in some ways.

dan85

Observer
In terms of weight id probably have 500-600kg on the back of bulky type stuff. Mine isnt the most aerodynamic with the tray and cage sides and its tare weight is around 3500kg i think. Even with a bit more weight i dont think it would affect it to much as empty it does pretty well the same as with a load. Given they are serviced well and not buried into the end of the tacho permanently i think im going to see alot of kms out of the old girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94