2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Mojave RD Cima Rd to Travelers monument

Timelapse of the middle approximately 50 mile section of the Mojave Rd

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

rayra

Expedition Leader
Good crossing, got his bow wave on and drove clean in its lee. All you non-snorklers, that's how it is done.

/Good Times

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Good crossing, got his bow wave on and drove clean in its lee. All you non-snorklers, that's how it is done.

/Good Times

Rayra,

Absolutely, that is how a non snorkel should cross water. I need to get a hold of my buddy that shot a video of the Sub crossing a get it uploaded too. Unfortunately both 4RUnners are in the shop now.

1999 4x4 went wonky, and transfer case is grinding. Owner changed front and rear diff fluid, and transfer case fluid, which was milky white for the first 3 changes after the water crossing, water must have gotten into the breather tube, truck is still not running right.

2015 is having starting issues and possibly damaged the electric throttle and traction control sensors.

The Sub is still my daily driver and running well even though I did not have the snorkel connected at the time of the water crossing and was runing my cold air intake.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Suburban Crossing Mojave River

I finally got the video from my buddy that shot the Suburban crossing Mojave river. Water gauge read 3.96ft, the highest water mark on the side of the truck was 32". My rear bumper barely got wet, and the license plate only touched water twice during the entire crossing.

Definitely coming back here again soon to do a couple more laps and get some more angles.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
First snowfall of the year in Las Vegas

We just got a little sprinkle of snow in the hills around Las Vegas, what better way to enjoy it then to find a trail and go for a drive.

J1xaq7O.jpg

At around 5,000ft we started to see some patches of snow.

V33BhkS.jpg

6,000ft the snow covered the trail pretty well.

TrLmNaf.jpg

Not too bad for 30 minutes from downtown.

54y0ICs.jpg

Top of this pass was at 6,500ft.

q1UkUj6.jpg

Another angle of the pass. Next snow will add to this and should make for a more enjoyable drive. It's very pleasant to get out and play in the snow again.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Oh man, I avoid water like the plague. My first truck was a ‘94 zr2 on 31’s. We went out trying to have some fun and killed the engine in about 28” of water. Same puddle killed the t case in my buddies ranger. Never again lol.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Oh man, I avoid water like the plague. My first truck was a ‘94 zr2 on 31’s. We went out trying to have some fun and killed the engine in about 28” of water. Same puddle killed the t case in my buddies ranger. Never again lol.

Buddha,

I don't blame you. When I first bought the Sub I saw some random hoses that ran to nowhere dangling so I tied and clamped both of them off, they were the breather hoses for transmission and transfer case. Been through many water crossings and so far so good. My 4Runner buddies are not so lucky. 1999 is still flushing the transfer case every two days and still getting milky oil. 2015 4Runner went back into the shop couple days ago, transfer case and traction control system is going haywire.

I have a really fun trail planned in the next few weeks that crosses a river 20+ times in a 6 mile stretch, looks like I'll have to drag my Jeep friends along, at least the ones who's trucks have not been destroyed in my previous adventures.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
$90: RAM mount, and 10" tablet: GPS and bluetooth.

I run a lot of trails in remote areas where cell phones do not work. I usually load off-line maps onto my phone and use the phone as my GPS and navigation tool. The little screen and a fast draining battery has been a little annoying. I have always wanted to put a tablet or a large screen GPS navigation head unit into the truck but could not find an affordable solution. Until now.

Dragon Touch V10 10" tablet
ABRMAMPS heavy-duty drill base mount

Both ram me just under $90 shipped.

Fsnko2Z.jpg

I mounted the RAM ball in the place where the ashtray used to sit. Someone needed it way more than I did years ago and I never bothered to replace it.

6yYUOwW.jpg

The ball is screwed into the sheet metal on the top of where the ashtray used to go.

AVPmKzO.jpg

View from the drivers seat. Once loaded with the off-line map, GPS seems to be working well.

NIU2pdv.jpg

I also loaded Torque APP to monitor truck systems via OBD scanner. This will be used on numerous trips and only time will tell how I like it and how the mount and the tablet hold up. Big plus is that the kids can see the 10" screen from the middle row and will enjoy some entertainment during longer drives.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking mount Crazy. You are the man for getting the good ebay deals. Did you do any serious upgrades to your suspension? I am sure you posted it but I have been out of the loop for a while... Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Nice looking mount Crazy. You are the man for getting the good ebay deals. Did you do any serious upgrades to your suspension? I am sure you posted it but I have been out of the loop for a while... Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

Chilli,

My suspension project took a temporary back seat. Had a couple engine issues that took a little longer to resolve. I ended up replacing the catalytic converter, oxygen sensors, two fuel injectors and all bank one fuel injector pigtails. Now the truck runs correctly again and I picked up a Trailblaser SS intake manifold for a price I could not pass up, so that is in the works to go on. Will revisit the suspension soon.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
TBSS Intake manifold: All parts are in.

Couple months ago I found a steal of a deal on a Trailblaser SS Intake manifold. Even though its a direct bolt onto the Vortec motor there are a couple parts that I needed to get to make everything fit together correctly and actually work.

T8BHnkF.jpg

Throttle body: GMT800 throttle body is a 3-bolt and the new intake is 4 bolt. I ordered an eBay 92mm 4 bolt throttle body with the TPS (throttle position sensor) and IAC (idle air control). The difference between the factory 78mm and eBay 92mm throttle body is intimidating. I know that I will have to either move my current TPS sensor onto the new throttle body or play with the made in China one to work correctly.

Throttle cable/cruise control cable bracket. I can not use the GMT800 throttle cable mount so I got a Camaro adapter, however it was not long enough to be placed between the throttle body and intake manifold. I also ordered a 1" throttle body spacer to make bridge the 5.75" gap between the throttle cable attachment and the throttle itself. It's not quite long enough yet, but I will fabricate an extension for everything to line up.

epUhosM.jpg

Fuel injectors: TBSS uses 36# injectors that are 10mm longer than mine, Suburban uses 24# injectors. I do not feel like messing with the tuning not paying anyone to adjust for the bigger injectors. My solution: injector spacers to use the factory injectors and injector harnesses.

fKR3vB4.jpg

Fuel pressure regulator: GMT800 has a return fuel rail, which means a high pressure line comes into the rain and a fuel pressure regulator keeps 55psi in the rail and sends the remainder back to the fuel pump which also helps to cool it. TBSS intake manifold is a returnless style. I had two options: uber reliable Corvette C5 fuel pressure regulator (read: unreliable and expensive piece of crap) or I can get a stand alone adjustable fuel pressure regulator which was $30 shipped on eBay with all the lines and AN fittings.

I just finished cutting the AN fuel lines to correct length and my AN to GM fuel line adapters just arrived. I also have new gaskets as well as TBSS intake manifold bolts. My next day off I am ready to pull the old intake manifold out and swap the new one in.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow thats a lot of work just to get fuel to your motor Crazy. Now I know why I run a carburetor instead of fuel injection. Good luck with your install. Cheers, Chilli..:cool:

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Another trip to the North Pole.

Just like last year we packed the kids in and headed to the North Pole to see Santa on the Polar Express. Last year we journeyed to Ely Nevada, this year we went south to Williams Arizona, home of for Grand Canyon Railway.

dz1FStu.jpg

First stop was a quaint little town of Seligman.

W2zEHA1.jpg

Kids needed this break from the car seats.

kI4y2PE.jpg

Go figure they went straight for the patty wagon first.

LvMECYJ.jpg

Long story short, a couple prisoners dug out of this jain and tunneled into the saloon next door, they were caught again.

RAFuXQe.jpg

Stove inside to keep the warden warm.

ipBP07Z.jpg

Inside, view of the cell.

uwtAHib.jpg

Double stall outhouse just outside the jail.

vcdysTL.jpg

Vintage nostalgia.

6SgUqOv.jpg

NI06Zkv.jpg

This tow truck actually ran not too long ago.

6hHbCXn.jpg

In case you needed to know exactly how many shots are in 10,000 gallons of moonshine.

qKHxbou.jpg

They do not actually grill roadkill, I brought them a coyote and they refused to prepare it.

aN1ROTO.jpg

Finally made it to the rail depot.

taxdPSV.jpg

And onto the polar express train.

skw3q5r.jpg

By far the highlight of the day.

Great trip, highly recommended to anyone with kids and within a reasonable driving distance of Williams AZ. It was cold in the mountains with plenty of snow, we got there early and the kids spent an hour sledding and playing in the snow just outside town.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Wow thats a lot of work just to get fuel to your motor Crazy. Now I know why I run a carburetor instead of fuel injection. Good luck with your install. Cheers, Chilli..:cool:

Chilli,

I was a little overwhelmed with the process and all the parts involved in the fuel injection system, however after some research it's not too bad. Carburetor is a simpler fuel delivery device but I can not adjust it correctly if my life depended on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles