2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I’ve read that a 34ish tire will fit my setup, I imagine yours is similar. Do you have the 6.0 6l90e 4.10 gears setup? I kinda still want to have mine tuned, gear changes are kinda lame sometimes.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
excited to see what you do with the GMT900!

Frink84,

I am working on a game plan for the GMT900, once I come up with a list of ideas, I will start a new topic. All I can say after driving the 2500 for a month now is that I don't see this truck going off road anytime soon. Compared to the 1500 on 37s GMT900 rides like a steam roller.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
ah cool, looking forward to reading some comparisons between the 800 and 900. Probably going to wind up there myself. '02 didn't seem so old when I bought it, but suddenly it's seeming long in the tooth.

eta if your torsion bar adjuster key crossmember rubber mounts have died and the crossmember is banging against the frame mounts, I seem to have worked out a solution. It's working great but it's early days -

from this

crossmembershims16.jpg

to this

torsionmountrebuild13.jpg

evolution of the solution and fabrication of control-arm-style bushings out of hockey pucks in the preceding pages.

Rayra,

Your hockey puck bushings look awesome, keep us posted on how well they hold up.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Congratulations on your new purchase Mr Crazy. I cant wait to see what you do with the new `Burb´!! Are you going to keep it stock or are you going to make a new adventure vehicle? Please keep us posted. Cheers, Chilli...?

Chilli,

Thank you. So far the plan is to keep the 2000 as my daily driver and off road adventurer. 2011 will be a kid hauler and in town errand runner. We will use it mostly for highway only roadtrips and pulling our boat, camper and enclosed trailer. I am putting together a short term and long term plans and projects for the 2011 Sub and will get that write up started soon.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Day Trip: Desert Wildlife Refuge 200 miles off road part 2

Continued from first post on this page.

We headed back down Alamo Rd to the dry lake bed that had many puddles, I ran through every single one of them, a couple were over a foot deep and were a lot of fun. The kids loved the drive with the windows open as they got sprayed non stop for over 10 minutes.

TcTPWo2.jpg

First side trail was Cabin Spring Rd. Significant elevation gain which took us to a beautiful camping are with fantastic views of the dry lake below.

MzX4Zab.jpg

I could not resist a photo shoot opportunity.

lmArhV0.jpg

80 degrees outside and snow here and there in the mountains on the right side of the picture.

LWrEuRA.jpg

What a pretty ugly duckling.

tfxEXwf.jpg

Back to Alamo Rd, dry lake bed in the back ground.

UUvB738.jpg

Highest elevation on Alamo Rd: Sheep Pass

pKSodl3.jpg

I did not take any pictures worth posting but are amazing secluded camping areas. Last trail we did today was Hidden Forest Rd that leads to Deadman Canyon.

ozi8IBR.jpg

Approximately 5 miles past the gate is an old ranger/trapper cabin which sits at nearly 8,000ft in elevation and is surrounded by giant Ponderosa pines.

This was a great trip covering many miles and exploring many new areas i have driven past but never ventured into. I am working on timelapse videos right now and will get them up soon.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Timelapse of Cabin Spring Rd

This is the first side trail off Alamo Rd heading back home through the Desert Wildlife Refuge. It was a much smoother and quicker drive going up-hill than back down to the main drag.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the post Crazy. As always you look like you are having fun. How is your new ride? I look forward to seeing new action. Cheers, Chilli...?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Timelapse of Deadhorse Rd

This is the second side trail off Alamo Rd heading back home through the Desert Wildlife Refuge. This trail started off a little twisty and fun, then ends up in a very secluded area where we just had to get out explore and have lunch.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Timelapse of Hidden Forest Rd

This is probably the most famous and most traveled trail in the entire Desert Wildlife Refuge. It leads to a trailhead of Deadman Canyon which in turn is an approximately 5 mile hike to the old cabin where you can stop for a few minutes or even spend the night.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Video: Timelapse of White Rock Rd

Fun little side trail from the Alamo Rd main drag in Desert Wildlife Refuge. Leads to a dead end where you can hike up into the mountains. Enjoy the music.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Video: Timelapse of Alamo Rd

Fun 78 mile long trail that lies between Nevada Test site Creech bombing range and Sheep Mountains. Very well maintained by the rangers. It was so much fun that we turned it into a 203 mile day driving the trail out and then back, hitting all the side trails on the way back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior