Sold. 2001 BMW R1150GS. 1-owner. 103k miles. $2700 OBO. Boise, ID

Presto88

Adventurer
I’ve owned this bike since new and have never had any significant problems with it. The fuel pump was replaced under warranty at about 10k miles, and I replaced the timing chain tensioner a few years ago. That’s about it. Of course, there have been lots of oil changes, lots of new tires, new brake lines, Wilburs shocks. Still on the original clutch.
The bike is very clean - for an 18y.o. bike with over 100k miles. It’s always been garaged and it’s never been dropped. There are a couple of places where the blue paint was worn away by straps that were holding the bike on a trailer. They are small and would be very easy to touch up. Also, the left hand grip got some brake fluid from the clutch reservoir on it a few years ago and a small part of it tore off. It doesn’t affect anything and I don’t even notice it anymore, but that’s something that you may want to replace…depending on how much it bothers you. Everything else is just fine. There are no other known issues.
It comes with a full set of BMW System cases. I have some soft bags that fit inside of the side cases – they were made specifically for these cases and are very convenient for carrying the contents into a tent or hotel (depending on how you travel). I also have a tank bag and the BMW workshop manual (printed out, but I can’t seem to find the disc), along with some other misc farkle-type items.
The Michelin Anakee Wild’s were installed in 2017 and have approx. 1k miles on them.
I’ve treated the bike really well. Changing the fluids/filters and checking the valves on a regular basis. I never push it hard before it warms up and I never let it get too hot. I used to ride it a lot, but the last few years it’s been parked way too much. You know, life gets in the way, so it’s time for it to go to a new home with someone who will appreciate it and actually ride it once in a while.
Asking $3000 or offer (cash only). I have clear title and the bike is in Meridian, ID (near Boise).
I’m not trying to be a ********, but I’ve heard way too many horror stories, so these rules apply: 1) I will not ship the bike, 2) All negotiations about the price must be in person, not over the phone, and 3) If you want to ride it, I need to have $3000 cash in my hands.
If you are interested, send me a PM and I’ll send you my contact info so we can talk or text or whatever. Thanks!

Presto88

Adventurer
Lots of views, but no interest? Well, then it's either priced too high or the timing is off. How about $2700/offer?

Presto88

Adventurer
I've had a few pm's about this, but always from guys who are a long way away from Boise. Nobody local is interested in this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke