2001 G320 - major restoration - rare color

MI4MI

2001 G320

166,928 miles on the body

20,000 miles on the new engine

Major restoration in 2017 ($22,000 in parts/labor, paperwork and invoices included)

Body off, frame sandblasted and completely restored with epoxy undercoating, new brake lines, new fuel lines, new fuel pump, new fuel system filter, full transmission rebuild, new tranny mount, new 3.2 liter engine (25k miles), new shocks, new springs, new steering dampener, all seals/grommets/gaskets replaced, new stainless steel hardware, new custom stainless steel exhaust system, new US compliant catalytic convertors, new weather stripping on all four doors, new voltage regulator, new steering wheel clock spring, upgraded headlights, new Alpine audio system with bluetooth, new rear camera, upgraded gas/brake pedals.

I purchased this truck directly from the original owner. He had been planning on keeping it which is why he decided to spend the money on the restoration.

Complete service history dating back to purchase.

Truck is a gray market import that had the odometer switched from kilometers to miles when it was first sold. According to the original owner, the cruise control has not worked since the change over.

All lockers engage and have no issues.

New battery installed 7/19/19

Body has some minor rust in the typical places.

New stainless exhaust system puts out a throaty, deep exhaust note that’s loud-ish, but not obnoxiously so.

Title in hand.

$30,000

MORE PHOTOS INCLUDING RESTORATION PROCESS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/54fmu37tbd7v ... qr-Ta?dl=0

Attachments

• g0.jpg
    g0.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 684
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 698
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 709
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 760
  • g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 729
  • g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    799.5 KB · Views: 734
  • g_9.jpg
    g_9.jpg
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 697
  • g__1.jpg
    g__1.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:

MI4MI

Fester,

It's a gray market vehicle that was not sold in the US so it's not a selectable option in most systems/databases so they just pick the closest thing to it. I can assure you it is a 2001 G320. All the paperwork matches the work that was completed.

safariguy

Observer
How long have you owned the vehicle? Why do you suspect the previous owner didn't address the rust in the typical places, give that he went to great lengths to do just about everything else.

jtrein

How long have you owned the vehicle? Why do you suspect the previous owner didn't address the rust in the typical places, give that he went to great lengths to do just about everything else.

This truck was posted up on clubgwagen as well, one of the members of that forum inquired about this truck when it was being sold by the previous owner and was told that it was in an accident, thus the restoration. Current seller was adamant that it was never in an accident but the forum member who stated this has nothing to gain. The same question you are asking was also asked on clubG and the question has not been answered. To me it doesn't make any sense to go through with a restoration and skip the rusty spots which leads me to believe that maybe the restoration was in fact to repair accident damage. We may never know, but it sure doesn't add up in my world.

safariguy

Observer
One thing that doesn't make sense is to be a motivated seller, make some postings on a few forums and then disappear. That's not how to sell a vehicle if you actually want it be sold. Maybe he sold it in another way and forgot to update these forums...

MI4MI

Hi. Sorry, I don’t check the forums daily. If you want a specific question answered, please PM me and I’ll be notified and can respond right away.

I’ve owned this vehicle for one year. Hardly drove it. It has never been in an accident and the photos of the restoration included in the link show that. I have all the paper work to back this up. From talking to the original owner, I gathered that the mechanic is a personal friend and it sounded like he was giving him some work with the restoration project. By the time he got the truck back he had decided to sell it and get something new.

Rust: It's not that bad. i'm assuming it was not worth the additional cost when the decision to sell was already made.

Last edited:

otiswesty

Regular guy
Is it a Puch G? The "G" shifter knob was only available in the Puch models. They have a VIN starting with VAG instead of WDB.
There is no NHTSA import process for Puch branded Gwagens less than 25 years old, so there may be some risk here.

MI4MI

I'm not entirely sure. It does have a VIN starting with VAG. The original owner purchased it new, in the U.S. I'm assuming it was from an importer. I have the NHTSA LETTER acknowledging receipt of a certificate of compliance.
In any case, i'm lowering the price to 30K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior