2001 GMC 2500 HD Flatbed Camper Build

hobbsrt

Jason, thanks. You gave me a good platform to start from. I am planning to do the IDBDR or parts of the Oregon trail with it probably next year so may give you a shout.

The center console addition is sheet metal and painted with bed liner. I've installed a Uniden CB, the air bag controls and gauges, some power outlets, an interior winch toggle, aux fuel tank gauge and an 8 gang light switch panel and voltmeter. I also added the boss double DIN with Navigation and a rear backup camera.

Had it weighed and its a bit heavier than I thought it would be. It comes in at about 9400 lbs pretty much loaded. I figure with the wife and a few other things Ill be about 9600 lbs. Pretty light considering and I am happy with it nonetheless. It's also about 55% in the rear and 45% up front. I may have to add a leaf - I am still working through that.

Here is a photo, but I'll try and get some others soon. 504662

Re: BOSS double din. Did you have to trim the fascia or did you buy a new one? I have an ‘02 and want to change it out to something similar. Thanks in advance for your response.

I'm like 95% sure that's an 03-07 fascia based on the flat area below the "pocket" that doesn't exist on the 99-02 dashboards. The 03-07 dash fascias fit a double din without modificaiton.

Thank you hobbsrt. Nice work! Mine looks identical, dman, maybe they changed it in later years. They do sell a new fascia kit that is molded to accept the larger double-din, but it runs north of a c-note. ? I had the same issue with the “din & a half” in my Dodge Ram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior