2003 Apache 6.5 pop up truck camper renovated $7500 Minneapolis, MN

DillyFPV

I am selling my renovated 2003 Sun Valley Apache 6.5

I started by completely gutting the camper and tossing all the old outdated appliances. I built a new, lighter, minimal galley counter top with tow drawers and tons of open storage for backpacks, bins, and gear. I also painted, installed new flooring, recovered the cushions, re-sealed the roof trim, re-bedded and sealed the lift brackets, and made a new table. The table can be mounted north/south or east/west, or mounted low to make into a bed. All of the modifications and the removal of the heavy original interior and appliances add up to a pretty good weight savings on an already very light camper. The listed dry weight is 1250# and I removed at least 100#. Its in very good shape considering its about 20 years old. No leaks or water damage beyond a little bit of staining on the canvas. A bleach pen and some scrubbing should get it out but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. The structure and lifting mechanism are very solid. There are no major dents or dings on the exterior. The screens and canvas have no rips or repairs and the clear plastic windows are not hazy and also have to rips or repairs. The camper is clean and there are no bad smells.

Camper mounting:
The camper is mounted at 4 points with chains and turnbuckles. You can the the two at the rear, and in the front of the bed and accessible through two hatches inside the camper. The jacks are removed for travel but are included. There are only 3 since one is seized up but the camper is so light that using only 3 is just fine.
Camper electrical:
I opted to go with the Ecoflow River Pro and completely delete the factory electrical system. Its light weight, feature rich, expandable, and more versatile than and permanently installed system. You can’t build a better one for less money. It plugs into a small fuse block and switch panel to power the fridge, lights, diesel heater, and water pump. There is a 100w solar panel on the roof that charges the Ecoflow. You can fast charge it from dead to full in about an hour and a half while driving using the inverter installed under the driver seat in the truck. Its enough power to get through about a full day using the fridge, lights, etc. If you think you will be parked for more than a day without running the engine, you can double the battery capacity with Ecoflow’s auxiliary battery that just plugs into the side of it, and/or add another 100w panel.
Heat:
I deleted the propane system and heat now comes from a diesel heater. I’ve installed one in my last RV build and it worked incredibly well. Its way smaller and lighter than the original propane furnace, it used less electricity, its quieter, it puts out more heat. It draws from a 5 gallon Jerry can mounted on the left rear of the camper.
Refrigeration:
I removed the old 3way fridge and replaced it with a more efficient Whynter 62qt 12v dual zone compressor fridge freezer. Its mounted centrally on the floor along with the water tank to keep the center of gravity in check because they are the heaviest items in the build.
Sink:
Pretty straight forward, there is a switch on the panel to turn on a 12v pump which draws water from a 7 gallon tank mounted next to the fridge. There is no gray water storage, the sink just drains onto the ground or you can put out a bucket.
Stove:
Since the propane is gone, I went with the tried and true coleman white gas camp stove. I don't like permanently mounted stoves because most of the time you want to cook outside, so its just bungie corded to the countertop. The stove is included with the camper

So as you can see, a lot of time and money went into remodeling this camper. I'm sure there are plenty of details that I am forgetting, so don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking and have a great day.
IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1370.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpeg
IMG_1375.jpeg
IMG_1376.jpeg
IMG_1462.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste