2003 E350 swap power windows and locks

teehee

Adventurer
I just picked up a 2003 E350 XL extended with the 7.3. It's going to be a project! For starters it has manual locks and windows. Is it possible to get the regulators and wiring from another equipped van and swap or should I go with an aftermarket add on?

4x4pair

Adventurer
I just picked up a 2003 E350 XL extended with the 7.3. It's going to be a project! For starters it has manual locks and windows. Is it possible to get the regulators and wiring from another equipped van and swap or should I go with an aftermarket add on?
Congrats on the purchase!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Village Idiot
I'm working on this same thing right now.

I bought aftermarket keyless entry system, for the door locks. And plan on wiring into a set of OEM door switches that I picked up. I've been on the hunt for a good set of door panels. They're harder to find than I thought they would be.

You'll have to wire them up with acc add a fuse for the windows, and straight to the battery for the door locks. Adding all OEM wiring is all about impossible.

teehee

Adventurer
Ugh, definitely not what I wanted to hear. I figured that all the vans shared the same wiring harness? I guess I'll need to explore the aftermarket street rod approach. Let us know how you make out with yours. Thx

djbonsu

Adventurer
Ugh, definitely not what I wanted to hear. I figured that all the vans shared the same wiring harness? I guess I'll need to explore the aftermarket street rod approach. Let us know how you make out with yours. Thx

All vans DO share the SAME harness IF its the same year and maybe across a few years. I completed this swap for ALL of the door locks and the passenger window. I have to find time to get the drivers window done. Basically it should be plug and play however depending on what the factory or PO did before you got the van can derail the plug and play operation. Mine was missing a ground wire (odd) for the door locks and wouldn't work w/o some extensive re-wring so i made my own harness utilizing the OEM harness and a few relays. Its been solid for the past 4 years and works great with my alarm. Windows are a matter of swapping the regulators and swapping in the motors/harnesses for the windows/mirrors. My advice would be to get an EVTM off ebay for your year and hit the wrecker yards to get your doors or harnesses. Saves alot of the guess work.

teehee

Adventurer
Great advice Dj! Never heard of the evtm manuals, but definitely looks like a must have for this project. All I can find on eBay is one for a 2001, and I'm working on an 03, wonder how close that would be?

djbonsu

Adventurer
Great advice Dj! Never heard of the evtm manuals, but definitely looks like a must have for this project. All I can find on eBay is one for a 2001, and I'm working on an 03, wonder how close that would be?

Keep searching as they tend to pop up randomly.

Also check out this forum ( https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum128/ ) and maybe pm user "JWA" to see if the 2001 is compatible to the 2003? It maybe but i also think some of the wiring colors may change which may throw you off. The pin outs should be the same but i cant say for sure. I have a 2000 EVTM & mechanical service manuals. Very handy to have if you do your own work.

Also check this site ( http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r= ) and see if they have the EVTM as I know they sell them brand new if they are in stock. Good Luck!

CaulkinsCo.

Unless mine is different they are a direct plug in, manual window doors will accept all the hardware.

Ground out 2 wires in the passenger taillight harness for the drivers door lock switch to work and then give up on the passenger door lock switch. Amazon has keyless at that point for $12 that works great.

Go ahead and get the cruise control wheel, also straight plug in on the 7.3 once you cross over there safety switch on the brake booster.

Abitibi

Explorer
Reviving an old thread...

What if you were to swap an entire manual window door for an electric window door, is that an option? My doors aren't that straight so getting nicer one wouldn't hurt...

89s rule

Adventurer
Reviving an old thread...

What if you were to swap an entire manual window door for an electric window door, is that an option? My doors aren't that straight so getting nicer one wouldn't hurt...
Yes that's an option. It's what I did. If they are similar in year they should be plug and play. I purchased a '94 conversion van for parts and swapped all doors onto my '95 7.3 cargo.

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks 89's. That's awesome if you can simply swap doors as my doors have holes from the previous Ambo mirrors and I can probably find good doors for cheaper than fixing the holes and removing the old decals...

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Do you have P/W & P/L on your current doors? I’m not interested in swapping doors due to the full body wrap... but sometimes I’ve considered upgrading them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior