2003 Toyota Tacoma, nicely kitted, original owner

hobietony

Explorer
***SOLD!***

We have been together a long time, but it is time to sell my Tacoma, and judging by the prices I have seen these going for, it appears that I won't have to wait long for an interested party.

2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD X-Tra cab 5 speed. 240,715 miles at this writing. Original owner, AZ vehicle. All receipts for the life of the vehicle, even the same service rep at my local Toyota service center.

Original 3.4L V6. Tranny rebuilt mid-150s, new clutch a couple years ago. E-locker rear axle. Recent new Toyota axle shafts in front. 4.88 gearing.
Donohoe suspension system was installed a few years after I got the truck, needed their second rebuild and I instead replaced it with a new Icon system, pretty sure Stage 4 (Camburg UCAs, extended travel springs, reservoir, but still using the stock lower arm – Which is new as well). Icon reservoir shocks in the rear, with 10-leaf Deaver springs.
Allpro front bumper and skid. Shrockworks sliders, welded. CBI (?) frame plating at rear unboxed section. Rear bumper and bodywork trim by me. Wheelers black steel wheels, 33x10.5x15 BFG AT KO2, 7-9/32nds on all of them.

Weatherguard locking toolbox, actually made for a ford fullsize stepside, but fits perfectly in the bed, once the corners were trimmed and rewelded to clear the wheelwells. Bracket inside the toolbox to hold a PowerTank CO2 bottle. Bed rail protection integrated into the surround and support for the toolbox. Mount for a hi-lift jack as well. Super stable.

Yakima 2-bike rack and basket over the cab. Thule box on a steel frame over the bed – Whole basket/frame unbolts from the bed rail frame.

New carpet and Corbeau seats <2yo. Kenwood stereo, Pioneer amp, nice speakers, 10&#8221; sub, don't recall the particulars exactly, but pretty nice &#8211; spent like 3k at the time, maybe 11 yo, so not a bad system. Head unit maybe 5yo, a bit newer. Running a scanguage over the speedo, never changed the speedo gears after changing the wheel size/axle gears and this was the best way for me to get the right info. All-weather floormats. Fresh interior detailing, vanilla smell &#61514;

What else? Did the grey-wire mod that lets the e-locker work in high range. Probably more expo-y things that I am forgetting as well.

Bad stuff? There is a squeaksqueaksqueak that is almost certainly the start of a throwout bearing, but with a good newish clutch in there, I'd wait until it gets a lot worse to fix it. It is a tranny-out process though, ug. ABS light is on, abs unit failed. It is pretty big bucks to get a new ABS unit from Toyota, the used unit I tried didn't work, and the cruise still functions, so I called it good.

This has not been a garage queen, has been used appropriately as a truck and an adventure mobile for its entire life, and has the nicks and scratches to prove it. All the original body panels though, no bondo. Rear-ended someone once lightly, which prompted the original replacement of the bumper to the all-pro one. No other panels affected. Solid AZ truck, no rust.

Asking $11,000. Kinda amazing, but that seems to be the market right now. Pretty firm this week, if it starts stretching out to be a few weeks since I first post this ad, more OBO will be considered. Thanks! Tony

IMG_1783_zpsyta5f66s.jpg

IMG_1784_zpsumdvabpd.jpg

IMG_1785_zps3d95b0ar.jpg

IMG_1786_zpswgmqltow.jpg

IMG_1787_zpsrjcuynqd.jpg

IMG_1790_zps26keez5s.jpg

IMG_1793_zpsug6dskvu.jpg

IMG_1794_zpss1z7bui8.jpg

IMG_1795_zpsmhfoyvyk.jpg

IMG_1798_zpsdifryu2d.jpg

IMG_1801_zpsmiuh1avw.jpg

IMG_1804_zps8urr8ybk.jpg

IMG_1805_zpshphmftnr.jpg

IMG_1810_zpsbgljdymr.jpg

IMG_1808_zpsu87k4vwc.jpg

IMG_1813_zpsrhczjlim.jpg

IMG_1817_zpsvnfadfas.jpg

IMG_1820_zpsn0s2ehxc.jpg

IMG_1822_zps6dqwsdso.jpg

IMG_1827_zps0yduubty.jpg

IMG_1831_zpsoo5rescs.jpg

Last edited:

hobietony

Explorer
So its been listed for a couple weeks, lots of views, no nibbles. Price point? Comments from the price police? I see people asking in this range, but you never really know what they sell for... I'll listen to an offer, dont be shy.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
So its been listed for a couple weeks, lots of views, no nibbles. Price point? Comments from the price police? I see people asking in this range, but you never really know what they sell for... I'll listen to an offer, dont be shy.

Even with the cool mods, I don't think you will find too many people willing to pay over 10k for a 15 year old truck with 240,000 miles on it.
Just my $0.02.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
How patient are you? I think you might get asking price if you wait it out.... how did you like the seats? Did you have brackets made or use another one?

hobietony

Explorer
I'd prefer sooner rather than later, and I'd certainly listen to a legit offer

Seats feel good, better than originals. Used the brackets from corbeau, but they dont go as far forward now - My 5'-3" wife cant quite make the pedals work. They are a great replacement, but they wont last as long as the originals

hobietony

Explorer
Im picking up MonkeyofDeath at the airport today, so he can drive this home. for those keeping track, we settled on 9k. Mark it Sold!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles